Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Slow USPS Deliveries - Grumpy Old Men Complaining About Post Office, Ebay, & Kids On The Lawn

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 188 / Views: 7,032Next Topic
Page: of 13
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
5690 Posts
Posted 01/11/2021   08:19 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
A person traveling that far out of the way would find it bizarre, but a package goes more efficiently by that route.

Given the amount of time it is taking for delivery I would argue with the "efficiently" part
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1071 Posts
Posted 01/11/2021   11:39 am  Show Profile Check rlsny's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add rlsny to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
All jokes aside, I did have a TSA person ask for my passport at Houston's Hobby Airport last time I was there on my return trip. I assumed I was on Candid Camera or something.... NEW MEXICO, like in the state?

When my family moved from New York to New Mexico we had various experiences like that. One person was surprised we were moving there and asked, "you're giving up everything, even your citizenship"? Someone else asked how much postage was required to go to New Mexico. We had mail come stamped "foreign" with like triple postage.

Albuquerque, Bugs Bunny's favorite mistake:
e8TUwHTfOOU
Pillar Of The Community
3370 Posts
Posted 01/11/2021   12:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add John Becker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Mail delivery stories are almost always slanted. We complain about the delays and other problems, but seldom note the high percent of success stories.

Four data points will not prove anything, but I had the opportunity to test the USPS. Last Thursday (1/7), I mailed 4 flat-rate Priority Mail parcels from the midwest. They were addressed to:
Evansville, IN
Houghton, MI (in the tip-top of upper Michigan with about a foot of snow on the ground)
Minneapolis, MN, and
Brooklyn, NY

The USPS clerk indicated that should all be delivered on Monday. I had my doubts and would have bet against her. Monday noon update (1/11): one parcel has been delivered and the other 3 are "out for delivery" today. I am happy.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1439 Posts
Posted 01/11/2021   12:39 pm  Show Profile Check KRelyea's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KRelyea to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Recently my Ebay/USPS purchases have been coming much faster than my auction items. It seems to me Covid has given auction houses an excuse for poor service.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
91 Posts
Posted 01/11/2021   4:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BobInRye to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Anyone else having issues with timeliness of Linn's delivery? Until early December, my issues were typically arriving 1-2 weeks late. Then today, voila, 3 issues arrived 11 Jan; the 14 Dec, 4 Jan, and 11 Jan issues. Ugh.
Valued Member
United States
70 Posts
Posted 01/14/2021   12:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Gizzmo4222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Just received a message from one of my customers. He finally received his order that was sent in early December. It took 6 weeks to travel 200 miles !! I sent it from Michigan City IN and from here it went to
Des Moines to Cincinnati to Indianapolis to Detroit and then back to
Indianapolis and then to Bloomington IN. It's impossible to explain the USPS rationale for their weird routing? I still have several orders floating around the country from early to mid-December. Maybe all will be delivered by Easter !!
Mike
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
5087 Posts
Posted 01/14/2021   12:36 pm  Show Profile Check revenuecollector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add revenuecollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm still waiting for my (lack of) Priority Mail package sent on January 4...
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
462 Posts
Posted 01/14/2021   2:04 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add uboatnut to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Don't you just love paying a premium for services you don't actually get? and they don't give refunds.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
5690 Posts
Posted 01/14/2021   2:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have a registered mail package from the UK that Royal Mail got out of the Country and into the US in 4 days. The USPS has had that package 15 miles from my house now for 8 days. Arghhhhhhh
Learn More...
8979 Posts
Posted 01/14/2021   2:32 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Back early December I dusted off an old FedEx account I had previously established, order some free packaging from them, and have used them now for several domestic shipments. They are $1-$2 more for their FedEx small box vs. USPS Regional Rate A box but so far it has been worth it.
Don
Valued Member
Learn More...
435 Posts
Posted 01/14/2021   3:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add StateRevs to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Albuquerque, Bugs Bunny's favorite mistake:

That's awesome.

Will send that to several folks here in town.

Thank you!
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1439 Posts
Posted 01/17/2021   6:57 pm  Show Profile Check KRelyea's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KRelyea to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I was waiting for my Fedex shipment from Weiss auction. It was due Tuesday with signature required. I came home from running an errand today and my shipment was sitting in my garage, 2 days early, no prior notice and no signature required! Yeah Fedex!!
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Canada
716 Posts
Posted 01/17/2021   7:54 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gmot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I was very pleasantly surprised to receive my Maresch auction lots today - sent by Canada Post - also early and on a Sunday morning too!
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2522 Posts
Posted 01/18/2021   6:51 pm  Show Profile Check eyeonwall's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add eyeonwall to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
JB - the problem isn't with mail sent this month but with mail sent in Dec.

https://www.inquirer.com/news/phila...0210116.html
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1073 Posts
Posted 01/19/2021   04:50 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add erilaz to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
That could very well explain why I still haven't received an item from New Hampshire that I bought on Dec. 21st.

I finally got the thing I was expecting from France, though. 33 days to California.

Apropos of all this, on TV tonight I caught a rerun of this classic Seinfeld episode:

ScM4zk_Fyu0
Edited by erilaz - 01/19/2021 05:38 am
Page: of 13 Previous TopicReplies: 188 / Views: 7,032Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.2 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05