Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Removing New US Issues From Pane Or Sheet

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 410Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
22 Posts
Posted 12/20/2020   12:04 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Teaus to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello,

There once was a day when US self-adhesive stamps had real perforations, thus allowing easy removal, but none are present now thus making, for me, difficult to remove a single stamp from a pane unless I create a jumbo issue, thus destroying all stamps around the jumbo.

I know many do not collect new US issues, but for those that do or for any dealers, how do you remove a single stamp from a pane without damaging other stamps?

Thanks.
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
7336 Posts
Posted 12/20/2020   12:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Just bend the sheet a little, that usually does it

Peter
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
22 Posts
Posted 12/20/2020   1:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Teaus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This method seems as a good method if I can to use the stamp on an envelope. I'm trying to retain the original backing paper and add the stamp, without parts of surrounding stamps, to my collection.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1469 Posts
Posted 12/20/2020   2:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add cjpalermo1964 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Use 19 of he 20 stamps for postage, then cut a backing paper margin around the 20th and add it to your collection. If you have the impatience gene as I do, transfer the 19 stamps to a square of baking paper, then use for postage later.
Valued Member
United States
16 Posts
Posted 12/20/2020   3:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add eagle79 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
By bending the backing liner out from under every other stamp in every alternating row of a pane and then cutting the liner under the the diecuts of the stamps adjacent to the target stamp(s). The target stamp is then in possession of the liner from under the adjacent stamps. This only works with alternating stamps in a row and alternating rows in the pane. Usually results in 4 stamps with liners from each pane of 20. The others are postage. Without all of the manipulations, it is easier to simply cut the alternating stamps from the pane by snipping well into the adjacent stamps along the diecuts, keeping the diecuts of the target stamp well clear of the cuts and then peeling away the strips of diecuts to clear the backing. Same results: 4 stamps with backing liner from every pane of 20.
Valued Member
United States
22 Posts
Posted 12/20/2020   4:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Teaus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for the answers.
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 410Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.11 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05