Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Did Anyone Receive Holiday Stamp Loot?

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 25 / Views: 1,282Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
United States
405 Posts
Posted 12/25/2020   8:04 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Walkman82 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Curious if anyone received stamps or stamp collecting supplies for the holidays?

I myself am the happy recipient of 4 Lighthouse Grande stamp albums and a gift card for stamp purchases and although there were no stamps this year, my birthday is in a month and a few days away and will probably result in one or more stamps for my growing collection.

Scott
Send note to Staff
Member APS #174069, PNC3 #2386, AFDCS #29532O, PSS #8418

Plate Number Coil Collectors Club (www.PNC3.org)

Coil Line (club newsletter) Editor & Webmaster

Visit my website @ www.scottsstampcollection.com

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
31269 Posts
Posted 12/25/2020   8:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
5 x empty A4 4x D ring Binders
2 boxes of 100 heavy duty page protectors.
2 x empty A5 binders with leaves
2 x "stor a file" binder slots (I do not have slipcases)

1 x 1900 x 900 stationery Cabinet (white)
3 x second hand 2100 x 900 x 360 beech bookcases.

Santa may have been influenced by the cake and milk I left out....
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by rod222 - 12/25/2020 8:41 pm
Valued Member
United States
310 Posts
Posted 12/26/2020   05:47 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Calstamp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Packet of 24 gr of Indian States issues.

Time to warm up the perf gauge and hot chocolate.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2941 Posts
Posted 12/26/2020   06:05 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add angore to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I received some stamp mounts and a ream of the paper I use for my stamp pages.
Al
Valued Member
United States
432 Posts
Posted 12/26/2020   08:58 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hoosierboy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hope all had a safe and happy Christmas and stay that way in 2021 and beyond. I treated myself to B & W book "U.S. International Postal Rates, 1872 - 1996.

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1068 Posts
Posted 12/26/2020   11:34 am  Show Profile Check rlsny's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add rlsny to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
MY wife received a tower of glassines of various sizes - about 2200 glassines in all - plus a new transparent perf gauge. It was packaged like a tower of treats so it was pretty well disguised. She's a happy girl now.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
5631 Posts
Posted 12/26/2020   12:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I asked for an inverted jenny block but THAT did not happen.
Valued Member
291 Posts
Posted 12/26/2020   1:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Torin to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I got this cool framed stamp piece and the stamp of the moon came mounted upside down. Hope that's not a bad luck superstition.

https://store.usps.com/store/produc...mps-S_479124
Valued Member
United States
278 Posts
Posted 12/26/2020   1:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add waddsbadds to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I told my son I wanted a 2020 Stanley Gibbons Great Britain Concise stamp catalogue , and told him where he could order it, but since we're socially distancing and decided to postpone getting together for a while it looks like I'll have to wait for it
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Canada
708 Posts
Posted 12/26/2020   1:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gmot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
My Xmas present to myself - this cover - it's from my little town (pop. 3000) to my parent's little town (pop. 1000). Stamps are nothing too unusual but obviously not common to find that combination and a nice set of RPO cancels to boot.

And then made a $600 sale on Xmas day itself. So that was a nice bonus and more than paid nicely for presents for the family!

Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
348 Posts
Posted 12/26/2020   4:25 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Willwood42 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I won a number of Ken's auctions, that I then give to my wife to wrap. I don't get to look until I open them Christmas morning. I think the US BOB was the best, C1-4,6, E1-16, Q1-12, QE1-4, JQ1-5, and a ton of postage dues that I haven't totally gone through yet, but includes J1-7, and J22-26,J28. All used but most in pretty good condition. I am very pleased.

There were also some Washington-Franklins in the lot. Of note were Scott 462-480 and a pair of 5c vertical coils identified as Scott 351, but I have my doubts.
Edited by Willwood42 - 12/26/2020 5:18 pm
Valued Member
Spain
237 Posts
Posted 12/27/2020   10:35 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Roberto59 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello.
A good friend has gifted me almost all of my Faroese fouls, from 1975 to 1995.
Regards.
Valued Member
United States
133 Posts
Posted 12/27/2020   11:48 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add moneil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I received The 2019 Stamp Yearbook with the Commemorative Stamps packet (United States).
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Canada
3817 Posts
Posted 12/28/2020   07:04 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Dianne Earl to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I received a new desperately needed bookcase for my stamp room.
Dianne
Don't grumble that the roses have thorns, be thankful that the thorns have roses
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1070 Posts
Posted 12/29/2020   11:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add erilaz to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Not stamp loot per se, but my sister gave me a copy of Going Postal by Terry Pratchett.
Valued Member
United States
8 Posts
Posted 12/31/2020   5:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Shostakovichfan to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
My wife gave me a copy of the Scott Specialized Catalogue of U.S. Stamps & Covers.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 25 / Views: 1,282Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.19 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05