Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Retroreveal Alternatives

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 476Next Topic  

Canada
4 Posts
Posted 12/27/2020   4:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add mozo1971 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Good afternoon,

I have tried using RetroReveal but unfortunately my rate of MegaPixel is to high and I can't upload the file. I will be scaning at a lower resolution to test but I was curious if other tools were available.

Thank you
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Japan
2462 Posts
Posted 12/27/2020   4:10 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PostmasterGS to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I wrote a small app, PMGS Reveal, that does something similar. You can download it here.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Presenting the GermanStamps.net Collection - Germany, Colonies, & Occupied Territories, 1872-1945
Canada
4 Posts
Posted 12/27/2020   4:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mozo1971 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank You PostMaster.

I think it uses a 32bit JRE? Will it conflict with my 64bit JRE I use for StampFix?

Cheers
Pillar Of The Community
Japan
2462 Posts
Posted 12/27/2020   4:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PostmasterGS to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It shouldn't. If it does, let me know.
Presenting the GermanStamps.net Collection - Germany, Colonies, & Occupied Territories, 1872-1945
Canada
4 Posts
Posted 12/28/2020   1:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mozo1971 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I downloaded the full package and no issues to report!

Thank you for pointing me in that direction!

Cheers!
Valued Member
62 Posts
Posted 12/30/2020   8:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BrentAbba to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I downloaded and installed your PMGSReveal_windows_1_03_withoutJRE and had no issues getting it up and running.

However, when I next tried to install PMGSSF_windows_x64_1_34_NoJRE, I get an error message about Java runtime not found.

I tried to walk through the process to point the install to the folder with my copy of Java, and that results in an error that Java is damaged. I'm running Win 10 Pro 64 bit version.

Any suggestions?
Pillar Of The Community
Japan
2462 Posts
Posted 12/30/2020   8:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PostmasterGS to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Since the 32-bit without JRE bundled ran but the 64-bit didn't, it's likely that you have the 32-bit JRE separately installed, but not the 64-bit.

I recommend either installing the 64-bit with JRE bundled, or separately installing the 64-bit JRE.
Valued Member
62 Posts
Posted 12/31/2020   08:44 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BrentAbba to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
That seems to work. Both tools are running OK. Now for the user training bit as I figure out how to work them!
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 476Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.23 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05