Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

1851-1861 3c Washington Compression Charts

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 74 / Views: 3,351Next Topic
Page: of 5
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1007 Posts
Posted 12/30/2020   4:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jaxom100 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Apparently the charts that I was making as getting too much attention and he did not like it. I had originally offered to credit him on the charts for the images but he did not want that. He said that he did not understand the extent that I was going to use the images even though I had sent him a copy of the first chart that I made. Apparently someone on this forum informed him that the charts were getting a lot of attention and he did not like it. Maybe I can use the images from the stamp smarter database in conjunction with the Chase images. I will have to look at the Chase images and see if they have the quality for this project. If anyone has completed panes that they would like to share for this project let me know.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2442 Posts
Posted 12/30/2020   5:27 pm  Show Profile Check sinclair2010's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add sinclair2010 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
As I have posted elsewhere, we shouldn't lose sight of how generous the owner if those reconstructions has already been. He has real money invested in them and is under no obligation to share anything.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2442 Posts
Posted 12/30/2020   5:30 pm  Show Profile Check sinclair2010's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add sinclair2010 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have considered using the Chase images for my own thing but they me be copyright protected. I'm just not sure and I haven't looked into it.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
6835 Posts
Posted 12/30/2020   5:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Apparently someone on this forum informed him that the charts were getting a lot of attention and he did not like it.

No good deed goes unpunished.

I loved the effort. What a shame.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
786 Posts
Posted 12/30/2020   6:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mootermutt987 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I am sorry to hear all this. They sure would have been handy! I guess we need to respect the owner's wishes on this, though. It may draw more attention than he cares to bear.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1007 Posts
Posted 12/30/2020   8:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jaxom100 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Sinclair, the Chase images are beyond their copyright. They can be used without permission. I took a look at the Chase plates. Each image would have to be rotated and the image quality would not be as good. That would take a lot more work for a lesser quality output. I was really looking forward to the work to keep my mind occupied and off of my loss. He should be happy to know the work was scrubbed. The charts were really starting to look great. They would have been a great assist to the platers. Maybe I will turn to assisting on the 3c plating initiative, if my help is wanted there. I will find something else to keep my mind occupied.
Edited by jaxom100 - 12/31/2020 12:42 am
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1007 Posts
Posted 07/12/2021   02:27 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jaxom100 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Since I am home because of my hand injury, I spent some time creating and labeling blank charts for compression charts. I created all 520 charts plus 26 blank guide dot charts. It will take a lot of time to add in compression images. I guess that since I do not have access to all the position images that I could use Chase images until I can replace them. Here is an example of the blank charts that I have completed.

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1889 Posts
Posted 07/13/2021   10:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Classic Coins to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi jaxom100,

It's good to see you back to work on the compression charts. Can you show an example with the compressed sides in the middle?
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1007 Posts
Posted 07/14/2021   3:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jaxom100 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here is an example of one chart. Let me know what you think.
Edited by jaxom100 - 07/14/2021 4:26 pm
Learn More...
9772 Posts
Posted 07/14/2021   4:41 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Looks great to me, are you planning to utilize the Compression Project database we built for these?
Don
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1889 Posts
Posted 07/14/2021   5:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Classic Coins to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Don, Where is the Compression Project database?
Valued Member
United States
209 Posts
Posted 07/14/2021   5:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ioagoa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jaxom100 —

Curious as to the source images for your compression project — not asking for anything that you might consider to be confidential — but am interested to know if the source images have been — or will be — confirmed as being correctly plated prior to publishing?

Regards // ioagoa

Learn More...
9772 Posts
Posted 07/14/2021   6:14 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Don, Where is the Compression Project database?

I built the database but life intervened and it never got populated, so it is not currently published publicly. But if desired we can blow the dust off of it and get it moving forward again.
Don
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1007 Posts
Posted 07/14/2021   7:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jaxom100 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Don, I will have to look at it again and see what kind of changes that we need. Do we want to publish 20% and 10% compressions or just the 10%? I am still not sure how I will deal with the misplaced reliefs or the C relief charts. I plan on making one chart with all 100 stamps of each sheet. You will have to send me another link to that database.

Ioagoa, most of the images came from the stamp smarter database. I was forbidden to use the images from Bryan's website so no images are taken from that site no matter how much I need an image. I try my best to verify every image with the Chase image. That is what is making this project take so long. Accuracy is paramount to me. I have used my stamps as images as well as images from another contributor that have been sent to me. I am hoping that any errors found by anyone will be reported to me. I prefer using images of my stamps because I verify all my stamps with someone else on this site or on the 3c facebook site. I do not think many here are on that website. Also I rarely buy a stamp that does not have the whole lines on both sides.

It was a difficult chore making those 520 blank charts to start with. I had to verify the relief of each position. It was a tedious job. But now I can add an image to any sheet that I want for any stamp that I run across. There is still a ton of work left to do in creating the compression images. I am open to any suggestions from anyone.
Edited by jaxom100 - 07/14/2021 8:13 pm
Learn More...
9772 Posts
Posted 07/14/2021   9:09 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Rick,
The database is in a good place for making any change(s) desired. Drop me an email on what info you think it should contain and I will make it so and send you a new link.
Don
Page: of 5 Previous TopicReplies: 74 / Views: 3,351Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05