Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

1851-1861 3c Washington Compression Charts

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 74 / Views: 3,350Next Topic
Page: of 5
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1007 Posts
Posted 08/10/2021   7:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jaxom100 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here is the guide dot chart for the right pane of plate 4. I had to scale it 50% to fit here. If anyone has a copy of one of the three positions showing the left guide dot, I would appreciate a copy to fill in the holes. Comments appreciated.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1532 Posts
Posted 08/11/2021   10:30 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add dudley to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Great work, jaxom. Thanks!
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1007 Posts
Posted 08/11/2021   2:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jaxom100 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here are the compression charts for the right pane of plate 4. The B relief chart is compressed at 90% and the full pane chart is compressed at 65% as needed to post here. There were 10 incorrect Lund images from the 3 cent plating website for this pane. 200 images complete, only 2400 more to go. Comments appreciated.

Edited by jaxom100 - 08/11/2021 3:11 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1007 Posts
Posted 08/12/2021   12:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jaxom100 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I looked at plates 6, 7 and 8 in our database. We do not have enough images to complete charts. In fact, we do not have the images for most of the plates. What a shame. Not sure what I will do. Make partial charts?
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1007 Posts
Posted 08/19/2021   03:14 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jaxom100 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here is the guide dot chart for the left pane of plate 3. I had to scale it 45% to fit here. If anyone has a copy of one of the five positions showing the left guide dot, I would appreciate a copy to fill in the holes. Comments appreciated.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
626 Posts
Posted 08/19/2021   07:27 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wkusau to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I want to thank you for all of your work. I have not started plating any stamps so have nothing to add at this time but appreciate your attention to this project. It truly is a great thing. I hope that you continue the efforts and bring more collectors into helping you. Best wishes.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1007 Posts
Posted 08/19/2021   3:38 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jaxom100 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here are the compression charts for the left pane of plate 3. The B relief chart is compressed at 85% and the full pane chart is compressed at 65% as needed to post here. There are no C relief stamps on this pane. 300 images complete, only 2300 more to go. Comments appreciated.

Learn More...
9772 Posts
Posted 08/20/2021   12:02 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
A new compression database is now implemented and has been added as a 'tab' to the existing 3C page on Stamp Smarter as shown below

https://stampsmarter.org/features/S...Plating.html

Note, if you do not see the new tab, please force your browser to fetch the updated page with a 'refresh' (typically the F5 key).

Rick is doing a great job on this significant effort. If anyone can assist in anyway (i.e. source plated images), please let Rick or myself know.
Don
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2742 Posts
Posted 08/20/2021   5:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stampcrow to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Jaxom100, I owe you a beer or scotch or coffee…!!!
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1007 Posts
Posted 08/23/2021   1:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jaxom100 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here is the guide dot chart for the right pane of plate 3. I had to scale it 45% to fit here. If anyone has a copy of one of the four positions showing the left guide dot, I would appreciate a copy to fill in the holes. Comments appreciated.
Edited by jaxom100 - 08/23/2021 2:38 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1007 Posts
Posted 08/23/2021   9:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jaxom100 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here are the compression charts for the right pane of plate 3. The B relief chart is compressed at 85% and the full pane chart is compressed at 60% as needed to post here. There is only one C relief stamps on this pane so I left the image with the relief B chart. 400 images complete, only 2200 more to go. Comments appreciated. I can complete 1 chart in a week if I spend 10 hours per day working on it and I have the images to work with. That still puts completion date at early next year. But real work will get in the way.

Edited by jaxom100 - 08/23/2021 9:53 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1007 Posts
Posted 08/27/2021   8:05 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jaxom100 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
In case anyone is interested, here is the guide dot chart for the left pane of plate 1 late. I had to scale it 48% to fit here. If anyone has a copy of one of the four positions showing the left guide dot, I would appreciate a copy to fill in the holes. The second image shows the dot location indicating the revision number by the number of dots. This will show you if you have the latest revision on one of my guide dot charts. Comments appreciated.

Pillar Of The Community
United States
1007 Posts
Posted 08/28/2021   04:13 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jaxom100 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here are the compression charts for the left pane of plate 1 Late. The A relief chart is compressed at 90%, B relief chart is compressed at 80% and the full pane chart is compressed at 60% as needed to post here. There are no C relief stamps on this pane. 500 images complete, only 2100 more to go. Comments appreciated.

Pillar Of The Community
United States
1007 Posts
Posted 08/29/2021   10:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jaxom100 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Don has gotten the 3c guide dot charts implemented into the 3c database, accessed as a new tab. These guide dot charts are full size as created. Please check it out.
https://stampsmarter.org/features/S...Plating.html

Thank you Don, for your effort.
Edited by jaxom100 - 08/29/2021 10:37 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1007 Posts
Posted 09/07/2021   9:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jaxom100 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here is the guide dot chart for the right pane of plate 1 late. I had to scale it 46% to fit here. If anyone has a copy of one of the two positions showing the left guide dot, I would appreciate a copy to fill in the holes. Comments appreciated.
Page: of 5 Previous TopicReplies: 74 / Views: 3,350Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.19 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05