Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

1851-1861 3c Washington Compression Charts

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 112 / Views: 6,405Next Topic
Page: of 8
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
136 Posts
Posted 06/01/2022   5:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Harper1249 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yep, the right pane of Plate 5, Late State.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1069 Posts
Posted 07/10/2022   12:46 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jaxom100 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I added over 90 images to the Stamp Smarter database for plate 5 late left pane this week thanks to Stan Shepp. It gave me a chance to go over and verify my compression charts for that plate. I did make some minor changes and updated the charts. He sent me platings for plate 5 and 6 for both sides. I will possibly finish plate 5 late right pane soon and maybe start plate 6.
Learn More...
United States
10620 Posts
Posted 07/10/2022   12:53 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Jaxon and Stan for your contributions to our hobby.
Don
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
136 Posts
Posted 07/10/2022   5:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Harper1249 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
That is awesome!! Thank you Stan for sharing your amazing collection and thank you Jaxom100 for all your hardwork and time you have spent on this and other projects.

Harper1249
Valued Member
United States
108 Posts
Posted 07/11/2022   10:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stanshepp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I'll scan and share plates 7 & 8 shortly.

Stan Shepp
Valued Member
United Kingdom
41 Posts
Posted 07/14/2022   03:04 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add theswedish to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Jaxon, if you wish to display your charts, with say a section called the Jaxom 3¢ charts or variations thereof, please let me know. With over 1.5 million visits a year it may help give them the exposure they are very much due. Let me know

Edited by theswedish - 07/14/2022 03:04 am
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1069 Posts
Posted 07/14/2022   8:10 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jaxom100 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
theswedish, the charts are posted on the Stamp Smarter Website. Under guide dot images and compression images. I have over 2000 hours on these 3c charts so far and only 1/3rd done. I am not sure how the charts would fit in on your website. Just being asked is an honor.
https://stampsmarter.org/features/S...g.html#pill6
Edited by jaxom100 - 07/14/2022 8:49 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1069 Posts
Posted 07/19/2022   9:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jaxom100 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Ioagoa, if you have any other Chase plated stamps on plate 5 (or any other pane) and the 3 slots are full in the database, please replace one of the stamps with your image. I love seeing the actual Chase plated images. Also, if the Chase image is already there (which means I finished that stamp), please let me know you added the image.
Edited by jaxom100 - 07/19/2022 10:06 pm
Valued Member
United States
330 Posts
Posted 07/20/2022   10:02 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ioagoa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Jaxom --

Regarding ex-Chase stamps from the Smithsonian photos -- I do have a few more scattered throughout the 13 plates -- but only a handful from each. As time permits, I can make 1200 dpi scans of them and send them to Don for upload to the SS database.

In the meantime -- attached below are a couple from plate 1E -- (albeit resized down to 300kb to comply with the SCF file size limit).

Regards // ioagoa

This is position 64R1E with a manuscript "X" cancel:

And this is position 40R1E with a red circular grid cancel. Note that somebody with too much time on their hands, and presumably contemporaneously with the use of the stamp (?), doodled an outline around George's head:

Pillar Of The Community
United States
1069 Posts
Posted 07/21/2022   06:46 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jaxom100 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here is the guide dot chart for the right pane of plate 5 late. I had to scale it 50% to fit here. I included the ghost dots. Full size image has been uploaded to Stamp Smarter database.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
878 Posts
Posted 07/21/2022   07:23 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Caper123 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
136 Posts
Posted 07/21/2022   09:46 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Harper1249 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks jaxom100!!!
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1069 Posts
Posted 07/24/2022   04:10 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jaxom100 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here are the compression charts for the right pane of Plate 5 Late. The A, B, and C relief charts are not compressed and the full pane chart is compressed at 75% as needed to post here. 1000 images complete, only 1600 more to go. This completes the 11As. These charts have been uploaded to the database at full size for your use. It is taking a lot longer than anticipated. Comments appreciated.

Pillar Of The Community
United States
1069 Posts
Posted 07/24/2022   09:16 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jaxom100 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Don, you can recompile the images for plate 5 late right when you get a chance. All images are there. I added a lot of images.

There are 36 images that match the Chase stamp for this plate in the database.

I will start plate 6 Left pane next. There are not many images in the database. Stan Shepp has provided me with his reconstruction sheet. Hopefully there will be few errors and I can complete it. If anyone has images for this plate to add, it will be appreciated.
Edited by jaxom100 - 07/24/2022 09:41 am
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
136 Posts
Posted 07/24/2022   10:59 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Harper1249 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Wonderful stuff Jaxom. I know this project takes a whole lot of your time and energy. Thank you very much. I use these charts on a daily basis.
Page: of 8 Previous TopicReplies: 112 / Views: 6,405Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.25 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05