Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Inherited Washington Stamps

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 762Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
23 Posts
Posted 12/31/2020   6:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Mallen1228 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Here are most of the Washington stamps that came with the others. I know its almost impossible to tell the types by pics. Having researched for a couple of days on how to tell a more rare variety from the workhorses, I'm finding that it's going to take a little more time then I have at the moment. So I was going to post them on one of the local buy and sell apps and was wondering if $50 would be a fair price or if there is anything from the pics that anyone sees that my be worth looking further into first.

Send note to Staff

Valued Member
United States
23 Posts
Posted 12/31/2020   6:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mallen1228 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Had to edit these

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
23 Posts
Posted 01/01/2021   01:24 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mallen1228 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry I'm an idiot. Posted the same pic twice on those last ones.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
31706 Posts
Posted 01/01/2021   03:50 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I don't know why, but Poughkeepsie is one of those American names that
seems to mean something to me, along with that other name Oxenard

checked all my stamps, and the only stamp I have is a 1c Poughkeepsie Precancel.
Weird.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
349 Posts
Posted 01/01/2021   10:21 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Willwood42 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I think you will be hard pressed to find a buyer at $50, but then stranger things happen all the time.
ps. to Rod no "e" in Oxnard
Edited by Willwood42 - 01/01/2021 10:24 am
Pillar Of The Community
3486 Posts
Posted 01/01/2021   10:40 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add John Becker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Definitive stamps of the mid-1900s were printed in absolutely HUGE quantities as the workhorse stamps of their era. Even the modest showing here is evidence to that. From what is visible, they are worth about the cost of postage to ship them somewhere. Sorry.
Valued Member
United States
23 Posts
Posted 01/03/2021   4:15 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mallen1228 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
No problem. You don't need to apologize. I had an offer of $50 for them already and so it sounds like it was a fair offer. No worries it wasn't on any stamp collector forum, it was from a local buy sell app. I may consider selling them cheaper then that to the person, if they aren't worth $50, then they just aren't. I do appreciate all of the responses. Short and to the point is absolutely fine, I do understand.
Valued Member
United States
23 Posts
Posted 01/03/2021   4:20 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mallen1228 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
There's nothing that I should watch for as far as rare type or line pair in any of them right? I know I saw a couple of line pairs in the ones that there's so many of in the box but if they hold no collector value then I'm okay with that. I have a ton of stamps and cut squares from the early to mid 1900's and was thinking that I may be able to make some awesome looking album covers out of them. It's sounding more and more like that may be a good use for them since they're really not collectible.
Valued Member
United States
114 Posts
Posted 01/30/2021   08:40 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NicholasC to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I live in Poughkeepsie. Love the postmark.
United States
1 Posts
Posted 02/20/2021   10:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Deadeye to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
OK guys, I'm a newbie here and trying to understand the differences in the routine Washington/Franklin stamps and the more collectable ones. What is it that you are able to see so easily from these pics to know these are the more common variety without measuring the perforations or whatever it is you look for?
Valued Member
France, Metropolitan
7 Posts
Posted 02/27/2021   07:08 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add guilloutran to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
They're quite common stamps that you could have a bundle of. Just keep them on paper. They worth more like that.
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 762Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.16 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05