Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Help Please With Sender's Unit Of A Christmas Airgraf

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 373Next Topic  
Valued Member
United Kingdom
439 Posts
Posted 01/01/2021   12:38 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Anthraquinone to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
First - HAPPY NEW YEAR - at least I hope it will be it must be better than the one just passed.

This is a Christmas airgraph from a Canadian serving in the Middle East
The senders name is clear F44744 l/cpl C.L. Dalton but then it becomes more difficult to decipher 2 Cnd. Med Reg pl R.C.A.S.C. (Royal Canadian Army Service Corps.) It is the section in bold and underlined that I am confused about. Any ideas would be most welcome

Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
7154 Posts
Posted 01/01/2021   12:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I see where it says "Med Regt" or Medical Regiment? Could the "pl" be peloton?
Years ago I was in the Dutch Army in the Signal Corps, and we had "platoons".

Peter
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by Petert4522 - 01/01/2021 12:58 pm
Valued Member
United Kingdom
439 Posts
Posted 01/02/2021   05:35 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Anthraquinone to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I had wondered about that but it should be the RCAMC - Royal Canadian Army Medical Corp. I will keep looking

AQ
Pillar Of The Community
777 Posts
Posted 01/03/2021   09:41 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add sak to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
C.E. Dalton, I'd say...
Valued Member
Canada
141 Posts
Posted 01/03/2021   1:29 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Hounddog Bill to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm not 100% certain but I think it could be that Lance Corporal C.E. Dalton in 2nd Canadian Division, Medical Regiment pl = placement Royal Canadian Army Services Corp.
This is mail so perhaps they need to know if their placement is with the Army, Navy, Airforce etc.

Cheers, Bill
Edited by Hounddog Bill - 01/03/2021 4:59 pm
Valued Member
United Kingdom
439 Posts
Posted 01/04/2021   1:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Anthraquinone to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
C.E. Dalton, I'd say.

Looking again tat is a possibility

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
5341 Posts
Posted 01/04/2021   2:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I am not seeing where the Middle East is referenced.
Valued Member
United Kingdom
439 Posts
Posted 01/05/2021   1:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Anthraquinone to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
re Middle East. That was my error when I first saw the 8th Army on the airgraph. I just assumed Middle East.

The unit has turned out to be

2nd Canadian Medium Regiment, Platoon, Royal Canadian Army Service Corps

Apparently, from what I have been told, a platoon from the RCASC working with the artillery regiment.I am still trying to find out a bit more but I have the answer to my original question.

AQ
Pillar Of The Community
7427 Posts
Posted 01/05/2021   2:15 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Anthraquinone
If it was from the medical division..I found 4 areas for medical divisions.

1 - General Hospital.
2 - Field Ambulance depot.
3 - Stationary Hospital.
and
4 - Sanitary Section { of medical care }

Just saying.
Robert

Valued Member
Canada
125 Posts
Posted 01/13/2021   11:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Meanings: Lance Caporal, 2nd Canadian Medical Regiment, pluton of Royal Canadian Army Service Corps

Valued Member
Canada
125 Posts
Posted 01/13/2021   11:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Him was in the first line medical help, not the medical corp. more you can find if you ask the archive of Canadian Army asking about F44744 caporal. Was send from Italy before storming the Gothic Line. No idea if survive.
Valued Member
Canada
125 Posts
Posted 01/13/2021   11:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Another precision: Medical corps mean stationary medical. Medical regiment means medical first care on the front or first line(how you want to take). Means this caporal was the medical attached to some unit who fight on the first line and have to go for wounded solders or give first care.
Valued Member
United Kingdom
439 Posts
Posted 01/14/2021   07:31 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Anthraquinone to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
silviosi and Wert

Thank you both for that additional information. It was interesting and helpful.

silviosi

re the images you posted . Do you have a web link for these so I can look at the original source it seems to be a news letter.

I have another more puzzling question about another that I will post in a few minutes

AQ

Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 373Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.17 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05