Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Which Album Are You Using For Your US Collection

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 18 / Views: 1,200Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3011 Posts
Posted 01/02/2021   10:05 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add apastuszak to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Poll Question:
I'm curious which album everyone is using for their US Collection

Choices:
Scott National
Scott Minuteman
Scott Platinum
Minkus All-American
Schaubek
SAFE
Harris Liberty
White Ace
Mystic Heirloom
Bill Steiner (stampalbums.com)
Chris Diaz (stampparaphernalia.com)
https://www.philosateleia.com/album/
I make my own pages
Davo
Other (please specify in comments)

(Anonymous Vote)
Send note to Staff
Free Ukrainian Stamp Album and modified Mystic Stamp Album Pages - http://www.stamphacks.com
Ukrainian Philatelic and Numismatic Society Member #1212: http://www.upns.org
Eire Philatelic Association Member #2869: http://www.eirephilatelicassoc.org/

Pillar Of The Community
United States
1547 Posts
Posted 01/03/2021   2:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Climber Steve to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting poll. I have two US collections, one inherited in the mid-2000s from a friend. That is the secondary collection, that he housed in Mystic Heirloom.

My primary US collection is housed in the Scott International Big Blue, with those printed pages supplemented by Big Blue blank quadrille pages and a few, trimmed down, Scott National pages.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
120 Posts
Posted 01/03/2021   2:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rugface to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I use a combination of Minkus All-American (up to 2000), Steiner, and home-made.
Valued Member
United States
311 Posts
Posted 01/03/2021   3:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Coastwatcher to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I use two different sets of albums, the Harris Liberty and the hingeless Mystic American Heirloom. I use the Heirlooms for my primary collection of mint and better used stamps. The Liberty albums are for my fun collection of used stamps that I seem to accumulate and that arrive on incoming mail.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1464 Posts
Posted 01/03/2021   4:26 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add dudley to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I make my own pages but house them in Scott 2-post 3-inch specialty binders.
Valued Member
United States
217 Posts
Posted 01/03/2021   4:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Greaden to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I use Scott National, but have moved the nineteenth century stamps to Vario sheets. I collect them simply so just want to focus on the stamps themselves and not on all the blank spaces for stamps I will never get.

The 21st century stamps also go into Vario sheets. Blocks and sheetlets don't comfortably fit onto album pages, and I am not attempting completion.
Valued Member
United States
134 Posts
Posted 01/03/2021   5:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add moneil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I use Harris Liberty albums, but since 1999 I use Steiner pages rather than the supplement pages.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
493 Posts
Posted 01/03/2021   7:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rismoney to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I used Lighthouse hingeless, but now I am not focused on normal issues.

I using quadrille sheets in custom binders, but apparently I have learned I have extreme laziness around mountings. Particularly this stems from collecting stamps requiring a ton of different sizes and having to think about the multitude of packs I need. Now I leave them in Varios or the envelopes. I love stamps, not mounting them...

Then I thought I would sell them. Except that I am too lazy to list anything and have to package and ship things...and I love them, so can't sell em.

So not sure next steps. Support group...

Valued Member
United States
130 Posts
Posted 01/03/2021   7:43 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jamesg to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
SAFE Dual hingeless is the easiest for the lazy man who doesn't like difficult mounting. :-)
Valued Member
United States
14 Posts
Posted 01/03/2021   10:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Newf222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Lighthouse hingeless
Pillar Of The Community
955 Posts
Posted 01/04/2021   03:36 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DrewM to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I've had my Scott National album since I was 16 years old back in the mid-1960s. With it's sentimental value, I suppose there's no changing now. It's grown from the one volume (which I still use) to three volumes and going on to four soon. Not sure why I collect contemporary stamps but I seem to be addicted. Maybe I should see someone about that?

Not to complicate things, but I see you have Schaubek listed, but I don't see the larrger German album maker Lighthouse, and I think they sell a nice U.S. album some collectors may use.

Does Palo sell a U.S. album? Not sure.

A bit more obscure in the U.S. is the Italian album publisher, Marini who may make a U.S. album, though most collectors won't have one. They're very nice albums, though, as good as the other major album publishers.
Edited by DrewM - 01/04/2021 03:41 am
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3011 Posts
Posted 01/04/2021   08:31 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add apastuszak to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I ran out of choices. The only lets you have so many.
Free Ukrainian Stamp Album and modified Mystic Stamp Album Pages - http://www.stamphacks.com
Ukrainian Philatelic and Numismatic Society Member #1212: http://www.upns.org
Eire Philatelic Association Member #2869: http://www.eirephilatelicassoc.org/
Valued Member
United States
84 Posts
Posted 01/04/2021   09:36 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add percyjgp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Most of my US is on Minkus pages. I personally liked that the commemoratives and postal issues were divided. I have made my own pages since about 2001, and have reformatted some of the older Minkus pages. When my father passed away I inherited his airmail collection which I keep on White Ace pages.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
584 Posts
Posted 01/04/2021   10:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wkusau to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Harris Liberty for used collection
Mystic Heirloom Hingeless Vol 1 for Unused/mint
Pillar Of The Community
United States
514 Posts
Posted 01/05/2021   12:50 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Philazilla to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I started out with Mystic, but I switched to Scott National only a month later. After maybe a year, I replaced them with custom pages where I could add the varieties I like and skip the million dollar blank spaces. I still have possessions in a Scott album and 20th-century modern stuff in Scott albums, but I'm slowly working on moving the interesting stamps to custom albums and using the rest for postage.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
31746 Posts
Posted 01/05/2021   01:48 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Bill Steiner.

As a novice collector of US, I can say have stamps up to 2003,
then receive a stamp at 2013, I can simple print a page, mount,
and there you have it.
(Worldwide collector)

Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 18 / Views: 1,200Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.31 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05