Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Would Like To Find The Daughter Of This USA WW2 Soldier

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 26 / Views: 1,366Next Topic
Page: of 2
Rest in Peace
7742 Posts
Posted 01/06/2021   11:51 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add wert to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Was looking at a few USA covers and came across this one from WW2..If there was a way to find the daughter of WW2 soldier JOHN.E. MICHAELS.

If I could locate her, I would sent it to her.
Also...Look at the cancel..Is that a "5" upside down..??

Robert

Send note to Staff
Edited by wert - 01/06/2021 11:57 am

Valued Member
United States
73 Posts
Posted 01/06/2021   12:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add pbmorris to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Robert, I pulled her address off the internet, but don't want to post here. Send me an email and I will send, as I don't have email privileges yet.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Rest in Peace
7742 Posts
Posted 01/06/2021   1:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
sent.

Robert
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
4494 Posts
Posted 01/06/2021   1:10 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add redwoodrandy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The email system is not available to new members for security reasons.
Rest in Peace
7742 Posts
Posted 01/06/2021   1:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I sent him my personal email..Is that ok..??

Robert
Valued Member
United States
73 Posts
Posted 01/06/2021   1:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add pbmorris to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Robert, I replied but I think it went to Randy. I actually found her on Linkedin and will contact her for your if you wish to validate her idendity.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
4494 Posts
Posted 01/06/2021   1:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add redwoodrandy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I did receive the email info. I did send a "test" message to the OP which evidently made it through the SCF system and back to me from the OP. My receiving emails on SCF is "off"

edit. Strange my email address showed up.
Edited by redwoodrandy - 01/06/2021 1:54 pm
Rest in Peace
7742 Posts
Posted 01/06/2021   1:25 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
sounds good...Find out if this isa family letter or not.

Or send me the link that you found.

Thanks..Robert
Edited by wert - 01/06/2021 1:27 pm
Valued Member
United States
73 Posts
Posted 01/06/2021   1:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add pbmorris to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It was very strange. I got your test message and when I replied, your actual email address came up. Not knowing whose it was, I responded to it. In most forums, email is intercepted by the forum system and translated to that system so that only forum IDs are presented in the clear. Not sure what happened here but somehow your email came in the clear.
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
5963 Posts
Posted 01/06/2021   1:35 pm  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I think we've had this debate before, but just to emphasise that we should seriously consider the merits of uniting individuals with correspondence that they may have chosen to dispose of, or which they may have no wish to see.
Rest in Peace
7742 Posts
Posted 01/06/2021   1:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Did not want this post to turn into a drama abut email..
Thanks everyone, I will seek the information I need on my own.

Have a good day guys..Stay safe.

Robert
Valued Member
United States
73 Posts
Posted 01/06/2021   1:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add pbmorris to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Robert, do a search on her name in the obituary and linkedin you will find her at Palm Bay. You can then talk to her directly.
Valued Member
Canada
316 Posts
Posted 01/06/2021   8:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Casey Magoo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I think we've had this debate before, but just to emphasise that we should seriously consider the merits of uniting individuals with correspondence that they may have chosen to dispose of, or which they may have no wish to see.

Very true. My adoptive mother is now living with her biological son that she has only known for a year and a half. Sucks to be anyone else in this family. I have no desire to know who my real parents are. Sorry to be so personal...
Edited by Casey Magoo - 01/06/2021 8:38 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
7720 Posts
Posted 01/06/2021   8:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I agree fully with Geoff and Casey Magoo.

Peter
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2673 Posts
Posted 01/07/2021   07:18 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add littleriverphil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Some one in the Michaels family sold this correspondence into the philatelic market at one time.
Learn More...
9902 Posts
Posted 01/07/2021   08:04 am  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
For me, it does not matter how the material enters the marketplace; the issue is the privacy and intent of the two people involved (the sender and the receiver). If the sender AND receiver (if they are alive or if they note this in the letter) both agree to make a correspondence public, then fine.

The material may have entered the marketplace from a drug addicted nephew. It could be sold by a distant family member. Or perhaps a family threw everything into the trash and then someone else found them. It is about respecting the privacy of the two people involved (the sender and the receiver) from my point of view. Just because some family member was an inconsiderate jerk does not give me license to forget my ethics.
Don
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 26 / Views: 1,366Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.23 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05