Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

What Are The Right Tweezers For Stamps?

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 39 / Views: 1,380Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
579 Posts
Posted 01/07/2021   08:57 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wkusau to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I fall into the long spade tip. I stabbed a stamp in my youth with pointy tips and have never recovered from the experience.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
310 Posts
Posted 01/07/2021   09:47 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Germania to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I use 902's. And forget the cost; it's irrelevant. A pair is only about $15 and they will last forever. However, you will lose them before that.
Edited by Germania - 01/07/2021 09:48 am
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
92 Posts
Posted 01/07/2021   09:54 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add OzwaldO to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The 902, and it's a panic when I can't find them!
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
5478 Posts
Posted 01/07/2021   10:01 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
As wkusau notes, tweezers are not a guarantee of stamp safety. Any printed ephemera can be damaged by slightly faulty tweezer-handling. Different from the damage from paws, but equally disressing.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
5128 Posts
Posted 01/07/2021   12:18 pm  Show Profile Check revenuecollector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add revenuecollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Is anyone else triggered by the use of the word "tweezers"?

TONGS! Not TWEEZERS!!!!! TWEEZERS ARE FOR PLUCKING EYEBROWS NOT FOR STAMPS!!!! RARRRRRRRRGHHHHHH!!!!!

Valued Member
Canada
190 Posts
Posted 01/07/2021   12:22 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Casey Magoo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
TONGS! Not TWEEZERS!!!!! TWEEZERS ARE FOR PLUCKING EYEBROWS NOT FOR STAMPS!!!! RARRRRRRRRGHHHHHH!!!!!

Tweezers are for pulling hair out of the shower drain and taking slivers out of your finger. Leave your eyebrows alone, you will miss them one day.
Edited by Casey Magoo - 01/07/2021 12:36 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Israel
606 Posts
Posted 01/07/2021   12:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Rob Roy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
We use the term pincers, pronouncing it "pinceta".
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1884 Posts
Posted 01/07/2021   12:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add shermae to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

YES!!!

Cringeworthy.
Valued Member
Canada
273 Posts
Posted 01/07/2021   1:42 pm  Show Profile Check clivel's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add clivel to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

Quote:

YES!!!

Cringeworthy.

I presume that is tongue-in-cheek because tweezers are the correct term in most of the English speaking world.

Tongs are used for cooking!

Clive

AlbumEasy - Free software for creating custom stamp album pages
PSGSA - The Philatelic Society for Greater Southern Africa

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
5983 Posts
Posted 01/07/2021   2:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Let us split the difference and call them twongs.
Pillar Of The Community
Israel
606 Posts
Posted 01/07/2021   2:26 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Rob Roy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Why stop there? Go all the way to thong. And if it goes where it shouldn't... use tweezers.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
5983 Posts
Posted 01/07/2021   2:46 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1039 Posts
Posted 01/07/2021   3:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add chipg to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
You also need to get a pair of cover tongs:

Pillar Of The Community
United States
1884 Posts
Posted 01/07/2021   7:26 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add shermae to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Clivel, my response was only partially tongue-in-check. My reality is based on living my entire life in the USA where the common term among most philatelists is "tongs."
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
5983 Posts
Posted 01/07/2021   7:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Stanley Gibbons sells tweezers. Subway Stamp Shop sells tongs.
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 39 / Views: 1,380Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.17 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05