Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

New Ebay Fees After Parting From Paypal

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 627Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
103 Posts
Posted 01/11/2021   10:35 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add philatelia7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
The first statement arrived for a "Seller Payout" eBay sale.

The sale was $13.50 - that includes the shipping
The fee was $1.91

Also the statement quoted 3 - 4 DAYS DELAY before the funds would be in my bank account. PayPal funds were immediately accessible.

Send note to Staff
Edited by philatelia7 - 01/11/2021 11:10 am

Pillar Of The Community
United States
642 Posts
Posted 01/11/2021   1:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jarnick to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Under the old PayPal rates, I would have paid eBay $1.35 and PayPal .69 for a total of $2.04 on a $13.50 sale. At $1.91 it appears that I would have netted an additional 13 cents. I've never experience]d a delay in either PayPal or eBay payments, though PayPal also states that payment may take up to three or four days.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
Learn More...
52 Posts
Posted 01/25/2021   6:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Pickastory to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
hi all;
just had a 9.99$ -1.62$ with 8.37$ and notice that the etf will hit in 24hrs (we will see)
the notice posted about 10mins after payment by buyer (not bad)
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2554 Posts
Posted 01/26/2021   10:05 pm  Show Profile Check eyeonwall's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add eyeonwall to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I compared a few sales and the domestic ones came within a cent of what it was under PP and the one international one came out a little cheaper under eBay. Need to check some more.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1468 Posts
Posted 01/26/2021   10:50 pm  Show Profile Check KRelyea's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KRelyea to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
You also have to consider refunds. Towards the end of PP I believe they stopped giving your fee back on refunds. MP is very good about refunding sales tax to the buyer and fees to the seller. I refund shipping overpayments all the time and it makes a difference.
Valued Member
Learn More...
52 Posts
Posted 01/27/2021   12:00 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Pickastory to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
hi all;
update on new payment system, solds 1-25, noticed 1-26 that payments will be disbursed 1-27 and shows that the inbound processing is done.
don't forget there's a .30cts per item sold called a final value fee with 'standard order level fixed'
the final value fee is 'standard variable' (yikes?)
so---far---so---good
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 627Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.14 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05