Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Are These Old Expertising Marks On These Stamps From Danzig? If Not, Then What Are They?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 337Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
USA
2497 Posts
Posted 01/13/2021   12:30 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add modern_who to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Send note to Staff
Larry, APS Member

Modern-Vue Stamps on eBay

Pillar Of The Community
France
1404 Posts
Posted 01/13/2021   01:54 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add vayolene to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
One of them is Georg Richter's mark.

"Georg Richter : this very common expertising mark (genuine or forged) is usually considered to be of little value as it is frequently found on forged stamps. Dealer 1943 1949 (Kyllmannstr. 22a, Berlin-Lichterfelde West)"

(from filatelia.fi)
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
USA
2497 Posts
Posted 01/13/2021   12:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add modern_who to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for the help, vayolene.
Larry, APS Member

Valued Member
Canada
128 Posts
Posted 01/13/2021   9:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
second stamp have "Klimpe". In Bavarian dialect mean "I paid for". I will come later for the first. The signature it is authentic.
Valued Member
Canada
128 Posts
Posted 01/13/2021   9:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
for the first one, I suppose same word or kij ging. sorry I can't see well. If klimpe mean same with other post. If "kij ging" is very old duch & german word(before gotic) which was use for "give a way".
If the stamps are forgery of not I have no idea. One thing the signature come from one of the very recognized person.

Valued Member
Canada
128 Posts
Posted 01/13/2021   10:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
T come back. My half origin is German. I am in moving for the new house so I can't look of my collection. On your two stamps I see two different paper used. Strange for German Staat. In those times any staat have only one printer and only one paper manufacture used.

Second: I permitted myself to download your photos to look at. And: The surcharges letters do not fit. It is two different surcharge stamps.

Third: The red ink used is different.

Check on. Nice. Show us which was forgery. will help anyone.

Thanks,
Silvio
Pillar Of The Community
United States
5064 Posts
Posted 01/14/2021   12:28 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Silviosi----Both stamps are good ,they both are real .
Valued Member
Canada
128 Posts
Posted 01/14/2021   01:37 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, I seed only the pictures. I analyze what I see. If the both are real, after moving I have to go to selection by color ink and classified by time printing. Thanks. If L will have news from Germany about with pleasure I will share. By see the photos, seem the first have thicker paper, maybe the glue, sorry. I know they are not high valuable, (we find a lot), but for the point of view of Danzig Staat history yes. I can not say exact, but those was on the lasts Danzig emissions. For me a stamp represent history, value more or less.

In conclusion: I will contact my friends in Germany, we will look of, and maybe you show varieties. No idea.

Thank again to bring, very nice. I hope the translation is OK. not ease.
Pillar Of The Community
USA
2497 Posts
Posted 01/18/2021   7:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add modern_who to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you also silviosi and floortrader for your help with this.
Larry, APS Member

Pillar Of The Community
Japan
2403 Posts
Posted 01/18/2021   7:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PostmasterGS to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I don't see any reason to believe either is a forgery. The color is off on the 5 Pf (it should be more orange), but that could be due to environmental factors or lighting/scanning.
Presenting the GermanStamps.net Collection - Germany, Colonies, & Occupied Territories, 1872-1945
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
5391 Posts
Posted 01/19/2021   07:26 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The Klimpe handstamp is "Hans Klimpe", a German stamp dealer.
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 337Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.89 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05