Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Identifying Another Chinese Stamp

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 211Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
Israel
590 Posts
Posted 01/13/2021   3:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Rob Roy to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

I'd like to find out what Chinese it is (PRC, Taiwan, Imperial) and whether it's a regular postage stamp. Thanks
Send note to Staff

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
30834 Posts
Posted 01/13/2021   4:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Personally not seen before.

Google
https://m.1688.com/huo/b-CEB1D5FEB8AED3CAC6B1.html

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by rod222 - 01/13/2021 4:48 pm
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
30834 Posts
Posted 01/13/2021   4:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Sc#2N1 >
Yun Wang

Chapter and Verse
http://www.dcstamps.com/mengjiang-j...uppet-state/
Edited by rod222 - 01/13/2021 4:57 pm
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
129 Posts
Posted 01/13/2021   9:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Tongman65 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi, Sc.# 2N99, 8f issued in 1944.
Under Republic of China (ROC) in the Scott catalog.
Edited by Tongman65 - 01/13/2021 9:23 pm
Pillar Of The Community
France
1404 Posts
Posted 01/14/2021   01:25 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add vayolene to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Listed under Japan (Mengkiang) in Michel catalogue
# 88
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
30834 Posts
Posted 01/14/2021   01:32 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

The VAST SCF Knowledge base.......
http://goscf.com/t/55338 br /
Pillar Of The Community
Israel
590 Posts
Posted 01/14/2021   04:30 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Rob Roy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you all for your time and your big help. After reading what you wrote, I dove into the online history of this entity. Seems it was the less known counterpart of Manchukuo.
Some facts eluded me:
Did Mengjiang and Manchukuo merge towards the end, as a stamp-issuing entity?
What came after Mengjiang, the East China province?
Pillar Of The Community
Israel
590 Posts
Posted 01/14/2021   8:05 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Rob Roy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I found out that I have another stamp from there:

I think I posted it here and someone identified it as Mengkiang (can't find the post, must have been long ago).
The overprint matches an overprint at SG simplified catalog, under Japanese occupation in North China, so that answers my question: That territory became North China province.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
129 Posts
Posted 01/14/2021   9:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Tongman65 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi, the last stamp posted is Sc.#8N76, for use in North China.
Pillar Of The Community
Israel
590 Posts
Posted 01/14/2021   9:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Rob Roy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I stand corrected. Since both Scott 3N and 8N are for North China, I guess the provinces' classification is more complicated than I thought.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
129 Posts
Posted 01/15/2021   05:18 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Tongman65 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Up until the 8N listings, each North China province(district) used their own unique overprints, 3N-7N in the Scott catalog.
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 211Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.17 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05