Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

I Think I Got A Problem But It's A Good Problem

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 17 / Views: 653Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member

United States
38 Posts
Posted 01/16/2021   1:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add newguy71 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
For some reason when I see a pana pacific
Or a James town I got to have it. Wife says I have to many.

Send note to Staff

Valued Member
United States
132 Posts
Posted 01/16/2021   2:20 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jconey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
There are some issues or types that I feel the same way about... some might call it compulsive addiction... I call it stamp collecting

Get creative and just say it's a "color study"
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
38 Posts
Posted 01/16/2021   3:15 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add newguy71 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
She hasn't seen my collection of Christmas seals on postcards yet #129322;
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1666 Posts
Posted 01/16/2021   6:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bobby De La Rue to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The study of just one denomination from an issue is top flight philately I reckon.
Valued Member
United States
17 Posts
Posted 01/16/2021   11:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Killamikep to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I got bout a hundred postcards
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2630 Posts
Posted 01/17/2021   08:56 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add littleriverphil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
newguy71, glad this one goy away from you!

Quote:
I got bout a hundred postcards

Killamikep, Start another post and unless you want to show volume as newguy71 did, I would post one card at a time, as I'm doing here.

Pillar Of The Community
3377 Posts
Posted 01/17/2021   10:20 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add John Becker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Newguy71, Please select about a half a dozen each stamp which you find most interesting or unusual and share them with us in this thread (No need to start another thread.)

Here are 2 of mine:

Jamestown "Exposition Station" machine cancel:

Panama Pacific Expo's "Model Post Office ..." slogan machine cancel:
Valued Member
United States
38 Posts
Posted 01/17/2021   12:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add newguy71 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I liked this pre cancel stamp, don't know if this was actually mailed, only one I got right now

Valued Member
United States
38 Posts
Posted 01/17/2021   12:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add newguy71 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar Of The Community
United States
1457 Posts
Posted 01/17/2021   12:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add cjpalermo1964 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Noah Rogers founded and ran one of the largest dried fruit facilities in the Santa Clara Valley, principally producing dried apricots and plums (prunes), which were major products of the "Valley of the Heart's Delight," now Silicon Valley. It was at the peak of its success at the time of this mailing so Rogers was a good target for marketing an SF-Sacramento overnight ferry in case he had business at the state capitol. His 1880 Victorian house survives today and is privately owned and occupied.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
5701 Posts
Posted 01/17/2021   3:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Newguy - Be thankful that you do not have a Ferrari compulsion.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1131 Posts
Posted 01/19/2021   6:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GregAlex to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
John, those two cards canceled *at* the expos are fantastic! Far harder to find than the typical slogan cancels.

newguy71 - I would love to see more of your cards, close-up. Maybe a new thread is a good idea.
Valued Member
United States
438 Posts
Posted 01/21/2021   08:59 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hoosierboy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
newguy71,

Collecting for the enjoyment of collecting, whatever that might be, is the name of the game. Don't hesitate to ask questions especially if you need basic information and especially more advanced sources of information for any possible topic. You should be able to find folks on this board a little further along on their collecting journey glad to share experiences.

Us old timers have a bigger problem than you do, and need more space to hold it, too. An old mentor from my early days said: "Russ, I spend my cigarettes' and beer money on stamps and covers. Someday they will give my heirs a better return than empty beer cans and cigarettes' wrappers." I wound up buying his 130,000 plus world wide collection in 17 Minkus binders. Unlike empty containers, I enjoy having his stamps to this day.

Russ
Valued Member
United States
38 Posts
Posted 02/26/2021   11:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add newguy71 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Another question is the Jamestown celebration cancellation the same as the exposition station machine cancellation, I know it's a different cancellation but is that considered a expo station machine stamp?

Pillar Of The Community
United States
2123 Posts
Posted 02/27/2021   02:35 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hy-brasil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The first one is the normal machine slogan cancel used by the Norfolk post office at the time and was not used at the exposition.

The bottom machine cancel was used from the exposition. There is also a steel duplex handstamp and a rubber double ring registered mail cancel both with EXPOSITION STA.
Valued Member
United States
38 Posts
Posted 02/27/2021   10:53 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add newguy71 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you I didn't know that
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 17 / Views: 653Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.2 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05