Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

2 Cents Jackson 1861/67 With Grill Identifying

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 217Next Topic  
Valued Member

Spain
9 Posts
Posted 01/17/2021   3:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Juan Garcia to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi everybody,

I am classifying this stamp perf 12:

The truth is that it is difficult to see with the naked eye but with some light a grill can be observed.

The previous owner wrote 29A behind the stamp but I think he was wrong. It seems F grill to me if it is a real grill.

What is your opinion about grill? Which Scott number could be?

If it can helps, the feel of the paper in hands is very thin.

Thank you very much to all

Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1070 Posts
Posted 01/17/2021   8:20 pm  Show Profile Check rlsny's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add rlsny to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Someone with a Stanley Gibbons catalog can confirm, but I think 29A is the same as Scott #93. So someone agreed with you on the grill. It is impossible to confirm from these images though.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1430 Posts
Posted 01/17/2021   9:10 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add dudley to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Difficult to tell, but maybe not impossible. I think I can count 12 by 14 rows, which puts this in the F grill zone (with an error margin owing to the quality of the image).
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
  Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 217Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.12 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05