Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Upcoming Early 2021 Kelleher Auctions

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 397Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
5685 Posts
Posted 01/19/2021   12:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add rogdcam to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Beginning in January 2021:

William Langs Part 3: United States Essays, Proofs and Trial Colors Including Revenues and Private Die Proprietary Issues. An important sale not to be missed.

William Langs Part 4: EFOs, The most comprehensive Holding of Errors EVER to be offered at Public Auction

Flagship Sale of United States & Possessions, British & Worldwide Stamps and Postal History—Features include selections from the following collections: Allen Fink, Proprietor of Philatex • Allenwood Investment Holdings Leo Malz further offerings including Yemen Brian McGrath Extensive Collection and Stock • "Bradstreet" Worldwide Collection •

Stanley Richmond—His personal collection

Plus many other consignors' material

January – April 2021: William Langs Part 5 and Beyond: More Postal History, FDCs, Airmail Flights, Singles, Plate Blocks, Sheets, Coils, Possessions
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Canada
716 Posts
Posted 01/19/2021   5:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gmot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Their "immense Collections, Stocks and Accumulations of the World Sale" is happening in March - something to keep an eye on.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1439 Posts
Posted 01/21/2021   09:20 am  Show Profile Check KRelyea's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KRelyea to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
In June 2019 Stanley bought this collection for $80,000;

I wonder if it will come back on the market?
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
5685 Posts
Posted 01/21/2021   09:30 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Good memory Ken. I forgot about that.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
579 Posts
Posted 01/21/2021   10:04 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add SPQR to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Langs part 3 is posted on the Kelleher webpage
Pillar Of The Community
United States
5116 Posts
Posted 01/21/2021   10:37 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Thanks for posting that description on that worldwide collection .That write up is a clear reminder of what stamp auction firms are looking for and ends with ...."a true worldwide collection .....and sells the best "

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1439 Posts
Posted 01/21/2021   11:54 am  Show Profile Check KRelyea's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KRelyea to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I was sitting watching Stanley buy everything in sight. I figured he was at the $150,000 mark when the big collection came up. I had looked at it an actually didn't like it, so I was just an observer. The book had a bid of $75K and Stanley bid $80K. David actually tried to talk him out of bidding but he insisted. I always wondered what happened to it.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
5116 Posts
Posted 01/21/2021   12:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe Stanley Richmond is still pissed off he sold me his own Switzerland Cantonal Admin. collection with all the extra reference stuff that he wrote up .Tell him I still have it in a safety deposit box .

Mr. Richmond knows who has what and knows a lot of where stuff is in which collections, It was very eductional to sit in his office and listen to him tell about the stuff he ran across or handled .

If he was buying that collection as described above he seen something or a lot of something that those who handled it didn't understand .He is not one to buy just to roll over ,something was there .
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
5685 Posts
Posted 01/21/2021   2:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
David actually tried to talk him out of bidding but he insisted.
How wrong that sounds.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1439 Posts
Posted 01/21/2021   3:03 pm  Show Profile Check KRelyea's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KRelyea to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
You had to be there.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
5685 Posts
Posted 01/21/2021   3:43 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 397Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.16 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05