Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

France Scott's #146 Paper

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 43 / Views: 1,503Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar Of The Community

Canada
1048 Posts
Posted 01/19/2021   3:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Just_fella to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
50 cent -vermilion
wondering if these where printed on bluish paper?
I have no other materials except Scott's for France reference and I don't see anything about it
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
5769 Posts
Posted 01/19/2021   4:34 pm  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Could you describe the stamp, please - date etc? Scott numbers mean nothing to me.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1048 Posts
Posted 01/19/2021   4:38 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Just_fella to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry I must have messed up posting a picture
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
32811 Posts
Posted 01/19/2021   4:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
1903 La Sameuse Geoff.
(Charlotte Ragot)
Blue from soaking off an coloured envelope?
Edited by rod222 - 01/19/2021 4:43 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1048 Posts
Posted 01/19/2021   4:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Just_fella to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Most likely
if it's not regular issue just kinda looks similar

Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
5769 Posts
Posted 01/19/2021   5:16 pm  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
September 1926. There are several types, there are shades, and there are paper thicknesses, but no bluish paper. As Rod says, likely to be from an envelope.
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1048 Posts
Posted 01/19/2021   5:25 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Just_fella to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Makes the most sense
But I would expect the front and back to be fully stained the same colour
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1048 Posts
Posted 01/19/2021   6:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Just_fella to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
My eyes could be playing tricks on me
That's why I had to ask the experts
Die from a envelope makes sense and seeing it's not in any book
I appreciate your help
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
5769 Posts
Posted 01/19/2021   6:17 pm  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Ninety-odd years - could have been in contact with all manner of things in that time.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2454 Posts
Posted 01/19/2021   11:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hy-brasil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Exactly.
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1048 Posts
Posted 03/08/2021   09:33 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Just_fella to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I gotta agree!
But at the same time I still have questions,
After reading from some old books I came across this?
And some tips to show the paper better...maybe

I know this has been answered so if there's no
Reply I understand why but I knew I ingested something about the paper(might not have anything to do with this specific stamp
Just sharing....

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
32811 Posts
Posted 03/08/2021   12:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
GC Paper goes from Pure White, to dull yellow.
Not Blue.
Ref: Blair Stannard.

GC Paper
http://goscf.com/t/72243 br /
Edited by rod222 - 03/08/2021 12:42 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1048 Posts
Posted 03/08/2021   12:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Just_fella to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for the link rod!
I always get excited when I see you've replied (I know I'm gonna learn something)
I thought perhaps possible with the low quality paper that may explain
The dots of blue/green that could have given the bluish look

My digital microscope is down but here the best photo I could get using a jewellers loop
Don't know if it's a good photo to show some of what I see better
Edited by Just_fella - 03/08/2021 1:19 pm
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
32811 Posts
Posted 03/08/2021   1:25 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

What can I say?
I can detect your enthusiasm, I recall when I started,
every stamp I picked up, or found in an old album
was special, scarce or rare.

Only time, dedication, books and reading, will get you to a point
of some understanding that (more often than not) the beginner collector, is the bottom of the food chain.

Most stamps have passed through close inspection by hundreds,
nay thousand of collectors, before they end up on our desk.

Your stamp is used (first red flag) It has had a journey
passing from hand to hand in any number of bad situations,
I have had stamps in my posession with attched food scraps, pubic hairs,oil, and goodness knows what.

Don't lose the enthusiasm, take on the majority opinion offered here by members and IF, you REALLY, are convinced you have a specialty, have it certified, and come back here with bragging rights.

Keep on trucking!
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1048 Posts
Posted 03/08/2021   1:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Just_fella to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
lol thanks rod
i think im passed the point of looking for rares now, now im digging for understanding and fun
if I can't find a answer ill ask, no intention of sending anything in to be certified I'm not into gambling or selling
you could gaslight me ( I think by now it would just get labeled and added to a book)
I'm finding just the discovery of some of the history captivating and entertaining

Just curious why I see this all over?
Now simple explanation it's dyed agreed!
But why some "fibers?" Are darker then others (front and back of stamp) granite paper?
Could just be a random thing but I thought why not ask just in case it helps me understand better
Edited by Just_fella - 03/08/2021 2:36 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1048 Posts
Posted 03/08/2021   3:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Just_fella to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Without assuming anything it's just a stamp!
just that it appears similar to the one in the link rod provided I used it for a comparison
I can't use the picture for the 15c in the post(not my photo) but looking at the bottom I see the (dots)
And it lead me to another.....with the bluish dots and "fibers" but this time the paper is a reddish/cream?

(Wow it's really hard to borrow a picture its always too big, but after a battle of emailing back and forth I got it)

Edited by Just_fella - 03/08/2021 3:57 pm
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 43 / Views: 1,503Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.2 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05