Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Need Scott Catalogue Info To Sort Out My 1920s German Stamps

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 381Next Topic  
Valued Member

United Kingdom
30 Posts
Posted 01/19/2021   4:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add tonyowen to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Can anyone provide copy/scan of Scott German catalogue for stamps #141 thru 184. Year of catalogue irrelevent as I'm after stamp id info not value.
I'm trying to sort out my 1920's Germany stamps, but there seems to be a lot of confusing info around
regards
Tony
Send note to Staff

Valued Member
United States
80 Posts
Posted 01/19/2021   6:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NicholasC to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thinking it's a copyright violation to post a picture of a catalogue page.

But, let's see if I can help.

First thing I notice is the range doesn't match what I see. The 7 designs in that range begin with Scott #137 and effectively continue through Scott #211. There's a few older designs sprinkled in and some of the designs appear a bit later as well.

If I read this right, 137-160 are watermarked lozenges. 161-209 are watermarked network.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Japan
2441 Posts
Posted 01/19/2021   7:38 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PostmasterGS to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Tony,

I can't help with catalog pages, but I will offer these links to my site that may be of assistance.

The Search the Collection page allows you to enter criteria (color, face value, etc.) in an attempt to help ID the stamp. The catalog numbers shown are typically Michel and Scott. You can click the Details link to see more, or the Link link to see the page for that stamp/set.

You can also browse the collection to see the pages for the individual stamps/sets. The page for that era is here, and the links to the individual stamps/sets are under the menu at top right entitled Postage Stamps. To see Scott numbers, click on the thumbnails of the stamps.
Presenting the GermanStamps.net Collection - Germany, Colonies, & Occupied Territories, 1872-1945
Edited by PostmasterGS - 01/19/2021 7:41 pm
Valued Member
United Kingdom
30 Posts
Posted 01/23/2021   11:29 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tonyowen to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
NicholasC
Don't think it is copyright violation as others on this 'site' have done similar. Also I'm asking for a couple of pages NOT the whole book.

Yes the range I'nm asking for is truncated as I already have the info for later numbers.
I'll go for 137-184 if you or someother can provide

PostmasterGS
Unfortunately the links to your site did not yield the info I required.

regards
Tony Owen
Edited by tonyowen - 01/23/2021 11:30 am
Pillar Of The Community
Japan
2441 Posts
Posted 01/23/2021   5:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PostmasterGS to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
If you post photos here, I can probably ID them for you.
Presenting the GermanStamps.net Collection - Germany, Colonies, & Occupied Territories, 1872-1945
Pillar Of The Community
United States
854 Posts
Posted 01/23/2021   9:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Philatarium to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi, Tony -- I took a little snapshot of the relevant numbers in the most recent Scott (2021), and was going to send it to you by email, but, in clicking on your profile, it says you do not wish to receive email.

I thought perhaps sending it to you directly was better than posting it here, in case it caused some concern on this site. Also, because the original is a larger size, it is much more zoom-in-able that an image that I could post here.

I don't believe you can contact any of us directly until you reach 50 quality posts, so if it's possible for you to temporarily change your profile preference, I could send this to you. (It's just one page for the number range you're looking for.)
-- Japan, Korea, Trucial States, Swiss booklets & more on HipStamp: https://www.hipstamp.com/store/the-philatarium

long-term member: American Philatelic Society, Int'l Society for Japanese Philately, & others
Valued Member
United Kingdom
30 Posts
Posted 01/24/2021   06:00 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tonyowen to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Philatarium
Profile changed to receive emails - I hope

regards
Tony
Edited by tonyowen - 01/24/2021 06:03 am
Valued Member
Romania
366 Posts
Posted 01/24/2021   06:29 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add cupram to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Tony
You find all informations in "stampboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=60435"
Valued Member
United Kingdom
30 Posts
Posted 01/24/2021   09:41 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tonyowen to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi cupram
yes, very interesting, but the listings and referals are Michel not Scott.
Also could not find list that equates to Scott 137 thru 184.

regards
Tony
Pillar Of The Community
United States
854 Posts
Posted 01/24/2021   2:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Philatarium to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, Tony -- Initial email sent. Looks like I'll need to get a reply back from you first before sending an attachment.
-- Japan, Korea, Trucial States, Swiss booklets & more on HipStamp: https://www.hipstamp.com/store/the-philatarium

long-term member: American Philatelic Society, Int'l Society for Japanese Philately, & others
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 381Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.16 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05