Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Help With Identification - World

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 223Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
674 Posts
Posted 01/20/2021   01:11 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Mrita75 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi all. I purchased some inexpensive "Kiloware" from a dealer that always has a great mix. I so enjoy sorting the many (1K+) stamps and integrating them into my stock-book. I always find some interesting pieces that I can't identify. Hoping you can help to steer me in the right direction. Thank you :)

Send note to Staff

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
31350 Posts
Posted 01/20/2021   01:19 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Off the top of my head.
Swiss Due
Prussia
Hungary Revenue
Wurttemburg (2)
Serbia
Bechuanaland
Bohemia and Moravia
Guatamala (3)

All should be in the Index, at rear of Scott (except revenue)

Happy searching
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by rod222 - 01/20/2021 01:24 am
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
674 Posts
Posted 01/20/2021   01:29 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mrita75 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Rod, I definitely would have taken a while to figure those out.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
31350 Posts
Posted 01/20/2021   02:43 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
World wide stamp collectors, are recognised by their short thumbs and Index fingers.

Worn away by thumbing through catalogues.

Note of interest: Your Hungary revenue, sports the background of the veins of a leaf of the Linden Tree
Edited by rod222 - 01/20/2021 02:49 am
Valued Member
Austria
196 Posts
Posted 01/20/2021   02:55 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tommtomm to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
A little hint for upcoming searches ... try to type the letters featured on the stamps - like Preussen or Böhmen und Mähren - into a google search box. Sometimes it helps ;-)

Even "Forint" and the "Rpbca de Guata + Centavos" lead into the right direction.
Edited by tommtomm - 01/20/2021 02:57 am
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
31350 Posts
Posted 01/20/2021   03:07 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I am having trouble identifying the Austro-Hungarian Revenue.
(Forint Issue)
Esp. in Pink.
Looks like 1880 but cannot see it in Forbin.

Chapter and verse here..........
http://www.mafitt.hu/kepek/bemutato...ly_Szucs.pdf
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 223Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.56 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05