Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Looking For France Dealer For Yvert Supplies

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 441Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1970 Posts
Posted 01/21/2021   3:27 pm  Show Profile Check Stamps1962's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add Stamps1962 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Someone on here put me onto a contact in France with a dealer selling Yvert catalogues. I bought a few albums from him and enjoyed the contact.

Who the dickens is this guy? I think it was Geoffha who supplied his website, I lost all my contacts in a breakdown in November. Thanks.

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
5370 Posts
Posted 01/21/2021   5:25 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
stamps - it was Thema Timbres in Clermont

https://www.thematimbres.com/PBCPPl...p?ID=1471743
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1970 Posts
Posted 01/21/2021   5:38 pm  Show Profile Check Stamps1962's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Stamps1962 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
OK, Thanks!!!
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
5370 Posts
Posted 01/21/2021   6:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Strangely enough, I spent quite a lot of money with Alain on Yvert albums and MOC pages, but then forgot he was in Clermont-Ferrand, so didn't visit his shop when I was three or so years ago. On the other hand, there are better things than stamps to look at in the Auvergne.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1970 Posts
Posted 01/21/2021   7:07 pm  Show Profile Check Stamps1962's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Stamps1962 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Doesn't look that he is shipping outside of Europe now.

I'd bet he may do so if I ask.
Pillar Of The Community
925 Posts
Posted 01/22/2021   03:11 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DrewM to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I've also bought from him -- as well as from a couple of other dealers in France -- since I was looking for Yvert and other pages not available in the U.S. Thank goodness for Google Translate. It proved easy enough to do with no problems along the way.

But today I imagine the whole international shipping situation during the pandemic is going to be slower and a little more problematic. I've currently got a shipment from Tunisia locked up in some bizarre USPS holding office in New York City where it's been for months and months.Maybe some idiot there thinks my envelope of stamps is a bomb or disease germs? I doubt that would happen with mere albums and pages, but you never know.
Edited by DrewM - 01/22/2021 03:12 am
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1970 Posts
Posted 01/26/2021   11:08 am  Show Profile Check Stamps1962's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Stamps1962 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
He no longer will sell to US customers. I'm trying to build a set of the Yvert albums. Yvert may be a source but they're difficult to work with.

Damn...
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
5370 Posts
Posted 01/26/2021   12:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I suspect he won't be selling across the Channel either. Since the world-beating Brexit deal, anyone selling in either direction between the UK and the EU is hit with VAT, possible customs duties. Add in queues for lorry drivers (Brexit plus Covid) and it's a nightmare. The Government has also removed our small purchase VAT-exemption for items under 15 from anywhere.

I suspect that Yvert doesn't have agents outside France in the way that Lighthouse does. There'll be lots of other French vendors of Yvert products, but how many will want to ship to the US - GST, Covid etc - isn't clear.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1970 Posts
Posted 01/28/2021   11:23 am  Show Profile Check Stamps1962's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Stamps1962 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
He did reply and no..he cannot ship any more.

He did list three dealers he thought were able to help me. Can repost here if any interest.

Yvert charges full list pries but it looks they are still sending here.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
5699 Posts
Posted 01/28/2021   12:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Best of luck. I have been waiting for three months on a particular Michel catalog I purchased to even leave Germany. It was "accepted" by the postal service oh so long ago.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Canada
719 Posts
Posted 01/28/2021   2:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gmot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Not to get too off topic here, but I've had Michel catalogues ordered from arnsbergbc on eBay arrive in good time.
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
5370 Posts
Posted 01/28/2021   3:26 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Which dealers did Alain recommend?
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1970 Posts
Posted 01/28/2021   6:20 pm  Show Profile Check Stamps1962's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Stamps1962 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
'
You can look theses serious dealers , philatelie72 , philantologie , philatelie91

The first looked good so will pend for reply. I stopped looking at the Yvert site because they had an ongoing issue with their shopping cart that seems OK now. I may decide to place an order for binder and pages and then wait 2-3 months.
Pillar Of The Community
925 Posts
Posted 01/28/2021   6:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DrewM to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I've used Germany eBay to purchase a number of albums from Germany that I couldn't find anywhere else, using Google Translate to figure things out. I always sent an email to the seller before buying or bidding (in English and German -- not everyone speaks English, despite what some say) to ask if they're willing to ship to the U.S. They usually say yes. I've also done the same with eBay in the UK but of course without the language problem, again always asking if they'd be willing to ship to the U.S. which seems like just basic good manners. Some sellers don't want to deal with international mail forms which is why I ask. And the Netherlands, Belgium, and elsewhere. Yes, it's a small world.

I haven't done this for France, but I don't see why buying from eBay France would be any different -- if you can find what you're looking for. Yvert albums and pages do seem to get listed both new and used from what I've seen, but you never see them in the U.S. Then there's the excuse to travel to France to buy what you need and ship it back yourself -- or fit it into your luggage. Something to think about . . . someday.

I've had Yvert pages shipped both from dealers and Yvert itself in France and Marini pages shipped from Marini itself in Italy, both without any problem. But that was before Covid and Brexit. What next, a locust plague?
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1970 Posts
Posted 01/31/2021   2:47 pm  Show Profile Check Stamps1962's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Stamps1962 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Well...I went onto Yvert's site this morning and placed an order for two sections of pages plus a binder. They have a note not to expect usual service but for $25 shipping it looks good. I now plan to note their replies and will forget about it for a month. They do not use DHL shipping. It may get here by then.

Valued Member
United States
9 Posts
Posted 02/01/2021   10:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Stampdoc to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have successfully purchased Yvert catalogues from
https://www.collectura.com/en/phila...-literature/
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 441Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.37 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05