Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

The Stamps Of Kedah On Steiner Pages.

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 20 / Views: 456Next Topic
Page: of 2
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
31365 Posts
Posted 01/22/2021   05:46 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add rod222 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Just a Hodge Podge of material.
I don't recall ever buying a Kedah stamp, these are from free gifts, trades and swaps.
Map of Kedah

Malay Script ID

Bibliography.

Send note to Staff
Edited by rod222 - 01/22/2021 05:54 am

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
31365 Posts
Posted 01/22/2021   05:51 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
1912 Steiner Page 11.

1921 Steiner Page 12.

Sc#49 and others.
Postmark KANGAR PERLIS
Opinions please : the 1c sheaf of rice, the Large "C" Type ll ? $47 / $7
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by rod222 - 01/22/2021 05:56 am
Valued Member
United States
285 Posts
Posted 01/22/2021   08:19 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add KGVIStamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The 1c in you used group is Scott 24a (SG 68a). It is the die II version. Unfortunately it is only valuable as an unused item. But it is still a nice used piece. Here is an image I put together showing the two dies for both the 1c and 2c values.

Learn more about King George VI stamps at www.KGVIStamps.com
Edited by KGVIStamps - 01/22/2021 08:26 am
Valued Member
Canada
165 Posts
Posted 01/22/2021   10:21 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mirman to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you KGVIStamps. Saved to my links.

What I find difficult is when you have only 1 stamp to ID and oftentimes - especially in Scott - descriptions are rather vague and of course usually there are no images to guide you.
Pillar Of The Community
Israel
604 Posts
Posted 01/22/2021   10:38 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Rob Roy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Rod. in light of how hinges intrude and immobilize stamps, especially MNH, why use them and not those thingies of black backside and transparent front that can be cut to size, or those transparent sleeves? Too much work?
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
5372 Posts
Posted 01/22/2021   11:16 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
In general, used stamos look much better with hinges. And many modern unmounted mint stamps are worth next to nothing whether unmounted or mint.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
31365 Posts
Posted 01/22/2021   2:38 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Lovely presentation ! Thanks KGVl

Quote:
Rod. in light of how hinges intrude and immobilize stamps, especially MNH, why use them and not those thingies of black backside and transparent front that can be cut to size, or those transparent sleeves? Too much work?

Rob, they are referred to as "Mounts"

I agree with Geoff.

My regime, as you will see, is I mount MNH stamps (Mint never hinged) and hinge previously used stamps (incl mint hinged)

I have read members opinions how they dislike mixed hinged and mounted. You may be among that group.
It just doesn't affect me at all.

If you hinge correctly, and it is an art in itself, there is little damage to used stamps.

Edited by rod222 - 01/22/2021 3:05 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Israel
604 Posts
Posted 01/22/2021   2:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Rob Roy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I see your point. Yet you invest much time in designing the pages to make them look good, so I thought that mixing hinged and mounted stamps might lessen the appearance of the page.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
31365 Posts
Posted 01/22/2021   2:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
1949 Steiner Page 15.

1953 Steiner Page 16.

1959 Steiner page 17.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
31365 Posts
Posted 01/22/2021   2:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Yet you invest much time in designing the pages to make them look good

They are "Steiner Pages" Rob.
I am a world wide collector, have no time to design pages.
Steiner has world wide Album pages for sale.

Postmarks found on KEDAH issues
GENERAL POST??

ALOR STAR hand canceller

ALOR STAR Machine cancel.

??ERS&PAR??
Edited by rod222 - 01/22/2021 3:01 pm
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
31365 Posts
Posted 01/22/2021   3:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
For those that insist on using anything else but COLD water, when soaking stamps.
This is what you leave us.

Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
5372 Posts
Posted 01/22/2021   3:29 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Are you sure about that, Rod? Lot of colour variations on purple Malaysian stamps.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
31365 Posts
Posted 01/22/2021   4:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Are you sure about that, Rod? Lot of colour variations on purple Malaysian stamps.

No Geoff, welcome any constructive proof of the alternative.
The ink suffused into the paper has me "assuming"

Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
1192 Posts
Posted 01/22/2021   4:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Tim H to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Geoff, this looks very much like colour suffusion. I'd like to see the back of the stamp to make sure, but it looks very similar to a few disasters I've had in the past.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
31365 Posts
Posted 01/22/2021   4:20 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
31365 Posts
Posted 01/22/2021   4:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Ooops. Malaya Read MALAYSIA
Kampung Alur Janggus
Bukit Selambau
Edited by rod222 - 01/22/2021 4:42 pm
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 20 / Views: 456Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05