Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Ebay Purchases -- How Long Is Too Long?

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 20 / Views: 831Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1917 Posts
Posted 01/22/2021   5:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add shermae to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
If paid by Paypal, isn't there much more time for the buyer to file a claim, e.g. 6 months?
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
660 Posts
Posted 01/22/2021   6:56 pm  Show Profile Check paperhistory's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add paperhistory to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
There is a longer time period for a paypal claim but it's a different process. The few paypal claims I've had have always come to me as "unauthorized payment" rather than "item not received", and I have won every single one of them.

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1496 Posts
Posted 01/22/2021   10:00 pm  Show Profile Check KRelyea's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KRelyea to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
A couple weeks ago my wife ordered me a coffee cup, I wasn't paying attention and let her handle it. After a few days she started to wonder where it was, so I looked into it. She'd bought it on eBay from a seller with 1 feedback, and she paid $41 for an item that is available at Kohls for $20. To compound matters it looks like the seller doesn't use tracking.

Today was the last day of the delivery window. I was thinking about contacting the seller and asking what was going on, but suddenly I was notified that I'd been refunded the purchase price for the reason "Item not received". I have no idea what happened, I checked and the seller was still active so he hasn't been kicked off eBay. I've never seen anything like this before.
Valued Member
United States
216 Posts
Posted 01/23/2021   09:23 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Rich60 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I Have an item sitting in a postal distribution center 5 miles from my house that is destined for SC. Been there for a month without movement - according to USPS investigator it is pallatized with 10s of thousand of other letters and packages slowly being fed into mail stream. Its a pandemic folks and USPS was not equipped to handle the volume of mail and packages they received in December. Time for patience.

I am pissed at eBay however for their lack of ability to manage the problem which is affecting 100s of thousands of sellers. My late shipment rate is thru the roof and a miniscule part of that is my fault. Tracked packages sent by me on time are slow in arriving and I am getting dinged for it. I will need to address that with eBay when I get time.

Problems, problems, problems - 1st world problems.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
6239 Posts
Posted 01/23/2021   09:45 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Something needs to change at the USPS. Fedex and UPS adapt to problems. I think about the prescription drugs, perishables, legal documents, bills, checks and other important to at times critical items that the USPS has failed to deliver and it is unacceptable. I get the sense that some people are willing to make excuses for the USPS that they would not make for commercial entities.

I have a valuable Registered piece of mail that has completely disappeared for a month now. If I were to flaunt the USPS rules for shipping restrictions they would be all over me but when they stop tracking and obtaining signatures for Registered mail possession it is understandable because of current conditions it is OK? No, it is not OK or acceptable.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 20 / Views: 831Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.19 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05