Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Harris Liberty Album Questions

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 195Next Topic  
United States
1 Posts
Posted 01/22/2021   10:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add OhioHawk to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
First real post, but a major question, (or two) but figured that adding a few here would be easier than posting several times

1st off, I see everywhere liberty stamp supplements with the numbers of either Liberty 1, 2 or 3. What is the difference between them, if any. I ask, because I have a Liberty I albums. (about 8 of them) I just do not understand the difference of them...?

2nd, I have read on different places, that the supplements are out of production. is there some way that I can get what I need to get updated with all the albums, with the liberty supplements? or do I need to somehow get copies of them, or even print them, knowing that they will not be as large as the regular official pages.

I truly do not wish to start up with transferring it to another set of albums (scott, ect) and some stamps are so fragile, almost afraid to move them.

So with these questions, I hope someone can help me get some answers. and If you do, I thank you in advance

Ray

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***
Send note to Staff

Valued Member
United States
133 Posts
Posted 01/23/2021   11:29 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add moneil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
OhioHawk, I am no expert but I use Liberty albums for my U.S. collection, though I stopped buying supplements in 1999 and switched to Steiner pages.

The H.E. Harris line was purchased by Whitman publishing: https://whitman.com/stamp-books/h-e...ing-supplies, when I don't know. Looking at their web site it appears that Liberty I includes commemorative and regular issues, Liberty II includes U.N., U.S. Possessions and Trust Territories, and Liberty III includes all postal stationary, and then there is the Plate Block supplement. When I was buying supplements I only ever bought pages for commemorate and regular issues as I wasn't a dedicated collector of the other material. If I did have FDC's, plate blocks postal stationary, souvenir sheets, etc. I would insert a blank page to mount those on.

On the web site they have supplements up through 2019. You might consider calling or writing them to see what is up.

If you need to make your own pages search "make your own pages" at the search tab and you will find a large number of informative discussions.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
148 Posts
Posted 01/23/2021   3:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Chipshot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Taking time now and here on this Forum you will learn much. Handling the stamps with care is always a good idea. If they are over 100 years old there might be some real value there. Generally speaking the newer Stamps are unlikely to be real valuable as you will see here time and again. Good luck and enjoy the history of the hobby.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
  Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 195Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.69 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05