Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

The Return Of The Imperf Press Sheets

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 91 / Views: 4,215Next Topic
Page: of 7
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2603 Posts
Posted 05/09/2021   8:49 pm  Show Profile Check eyeonwall's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add eyeonwall to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
You are assuming the 200 that were put on the website was the entire printing, but surely some others were sold by phone before that.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
6259 Posts
Posted 05/09/2021   8:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The print quantity has to be in the thousands at the every least.
Valued Member
United States
37 Posts
Posted 05/10/2021   01:42 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gwanghoops to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
In 2015, except for the Circus Souvenir Pane, press sheets numbered between 500 and 1500 according to the Ambrose book.
Valued Member
United States
188 Posts
Posted 05/10/2021   03:12 am  Show Profile Check stampCat7's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add stampCat7 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
the 2014 CIRCUS POSTERS sheet had a total print quantity of 60 million stamps. IMPERF PRESS sheet had a total printing of 2,500 sheets of 6 panes per sheet. The normal with die cuts also had a print quantity of 2,500 press sheets.
Edited by stampCat7 - 05/10/2021 03:29 am
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
6259 Posts
Posted 05/10/2021   08:23 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Stampcat7 - Good info and surprising to me. Those quantities in this day and age are amazingly low if the numbers are accurate. Cannot understand the USPS reticence about releasing production numbers.

PS: Mystic has been using those Circus Souvenir Panes as a promotion forever now.

Valued Member
United States
188 Posts
Posted 05/10/2021   09:12 am  Show Profile Check stampCat7's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add stampCat7 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I've seen the promotion by Mystic for the souvenir sheet. The souvenir sheet of 3 stamps was from an imperf press sheet of 12 panes with print quantity of 10,000 press sheets printed or 120,000 individual panes.
Edited by stampCat7 - 05/10/2021 4:45 pm
Pillar Of The Community
711 Posts
Posted 05/10/2021   9:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Glenn Estus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here's an interesting fact: according to the Postal Bulletin the $22.95 Columbia River Gorge (1/17/16) was actually printed in sheets of 15 panes BUT were sold in mini-sheets of 3 panes. The no-die-cut version was issued in 250 mini-panes. The die cut press sheet was issued in 100 examples.

The price was $688.50. If it had been sold as a true press sheet of 15 panes the price would have been $3442.50

Valued Member
United States
188 Posts
Posted 05/17/2021   09:39 am  Show Profile Check stampCat7's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add stampCat7 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
5/17/21 -Heritage Breeds goes on sale today. Imperf Press sheet is item 480408
Edited by stampCat7 - 05/17/2021 1:47 pm
Pillar Of The Community
711 Posts
Posted 05/17/2021   11:17 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Glenn Estus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
According to reports on another US stamp discussion group, the Heritage Breeds No Die Cut sheets were sold out in less than an hour after they went on sale.

Valued Member
United States
37 Posts
Posted 05/17/2021   12:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gwanghoops to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
USPS told me the Heritage Breeds NDC press sheet was 480408.

IMHO, unattractive minimally, but at least the press sheets only had 4 panes each.
Valued Member
United States
77 Posts
Posted 05/25/2021   10:04 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Gizzmo4222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

On May 17th at exactly 8AM is placed an order for 5 Heritage Breeds press sheets without die cuts after being on hold for about 15 minutes
The person who took the order was actually helpful. She took the order and transferred me to give my credit card number and even provided an order confirmation number.
On Saturday I received this letter and a copy a the philatelic catalog via priority mail. No stamps though !!
My credit card was charged and I'm waiting for a credit over a week.
This is why the USPS is falling apart before our very eyes
Why even confirm an order if the item is not in stock ??
How do collectors and dealers manage to wipe out their inventory in a matter of minutes ??
This is like going to McDonalds and ordering a Big Mac and getting
a receipt and an empty box !!
Valued Member
United States
188 Posts
Posted 05/25/2021   3:48 pm  Show Profile Check stampCat7's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add stampCat7 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I hate when that happens. It is why I stopped collecting these after a confirmed order had the same result back in Jan 2016. They need to up the print quantity on future no-die cut sheets and maybe limit to 2 or 3 for the first few weeks.
United States
4 Posts
Posted 06/03/2021   5:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petvet to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I waited on hold for nearly an hour starting at 7:00am on May 17th. How were people only on hold for 15 minutes? When the USPS representative answered he took my order and that was that. Until I called today to order the Go for droke Japanese American Soldiers of WWII. I was on hold about 10 minutes and placed my order. I only order 1 sheet of the no die cuts. I collect them because I like to have one, not to sell them in the aftermarket. Anyway, I asked why my Heritage breeds sheet had not yet arrived and was told they could not fill the order. They were out. How can they sell it to me the morning of, then back track and take it away? I had no letter sent to me, and this was the first I knew I would not get a sheet. I have every NDC issue since 2013 except this one know.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2603 Posts
Posted 06/03/2021   8:07 pm  Show Profile Check eyeonwall's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add eyeonwall to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Whoever writes their inventory management software should be fired. There is no excuse for not knowing how many have been sold and if there are any left.
Valued Member
United States
49 Posts
Posted 06/03/2021   8:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BaldEagle to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
There seems to be no consistency as to when or if the no-die cuts are available. For the Heritage Breed I called right at 7:00am on the 17th, waited about 25 minutes and ordered three of each kind. I received them all in about four days. I was on hold for about 25 minutes again this morning from 7am for the Go For Broke issue and ordered one of each. As of right now I don't see them listed on the USPS store. The clerk did state that this order would take eight to ten days to receive. We shall see.
Page: of 7 Previous TopicReplies: 91 / Views: 4,215Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.18 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05