Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Stamps Production Around The World

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 432Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community

United States
1091 Posts
Posted 01/25/2021   2:17 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Timm to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
In your opinion:
Which country is currently producing the best stamps?

Which country is currently producing the worst stamps?
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Canada
4593 Posts
Posted 01/25/2021   6:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bujutsu to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hmmm. Not sure because I stopped ALL countries in 2000. I did like the engraved Swedish issues though.

Chimo

Bujutsu
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
4593 Posts
Posted 01/25/2021   6:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bujutsu to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hmmm. Not sure because I stopped ALL countries in 2000. I did like the engraved Swedish issues though. Just collecting a few countries now.

Chimo

Bujutsu
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1829 Posts
Posted 01/25/2021   7:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add shermae to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I think the best produced stamps today are from French Southern and Antarctic Territories. They still produce a fair number of engraved issues. Not nearly as masterful as the best engraved stamps, but there are some attractive issues.

I especially hate stamps made from photographs, and they are produced in abundance in the 2020s.
Pillar Of The Community
1388 Posts
Posted 01/26/2021   12:46 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add blcjr to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I especially hate stamps made from photographs, and they are produced in abundance in the 2020s.

Then why use a stamp based on a photograph of a dinosaur as your avatar?
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1829 Posts
Posted 01/26/2021   5:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add shermae to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Photograph? Dinosaurs died out 65 million years ago. How do you propose that this stamp has a photograph on it?
Valued Member
United Kingdom
300 Posts
Posted 01/27/2021   07:23 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add 65170 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Worst currently? Any stamp from all of the many countries that agency Stamperija of Lithuania produces. This is closely followed by all stamps from the agency IGPC of the USA. They are both bringing down the reputation of the postage stamp with their totally irrelevant and gaudy issues. We have tens of thousands of great stamps from earlier eras and they need not be overly-expensive, so why would a collector waste money on this modern rubbish?

Best currently? I would recommend the stamps of Iceland, as they no longer issue any!

GLENN
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
5370 Posts
Posted 01/27/2021   07:53 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Oh, shermae, this is one of those "whoosh" moments ...
Valued Member
United States
246 Posts
Posted 01/27/2021   5:25 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Dry Tech to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Dino photograph? Those durned Cynodonts were a lot smarter than we give them credit for.

RE U.S. stamps, I have trouble getting on board with anything after 1928.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2523 Posts
Posted 01/27/2021   8:27 pm  Show Profile Check eyeonwall's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add eyeonwall to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Totally agree about Stamperija and IGPC.

My vote for best are countries repped by Pobjoy Mint.

" I would recommend the stamps of Iceland, as they no longer issue any!"

Not true, They did not shut down their program as announced and did issue stamps in 2020.
Valued Member
United Kingdom
300 Posts
Posted 01/28/2021   05:05 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add 65170 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Eyeonwall: You are totally correct about 2020 and Iceland's issuing programme, but as the phrase from TIMM and myself was "currently" and as we are now in 2021, Iceland not issuing new postage stamps any more remains an accurate statement by me.

As a recent media release from Iceland Post states on its website: "The last issue of Icelandic stamps ever will be launched on October 29th 2020". And they were... all 11 of them.

I agree with you that Pobjoy Mint stamp issues are attractive.

GLENN
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 432Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.16 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05