Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Is There An Interest In Trading Postcards?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 203Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1129 Posts
Posted 01/26/2021   4:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add GregAlex to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I've been considering adding a topic in the Buy Sell Trade area, where I would post a batch of duplicate cards and members could add some that they are willing to swap. But before I put in a lot of time scanning I wanted to gauge whether there is any interest. Also, would members prefer doing 1-for-1 swaps, or is there a better solution for gauging a card's "swap value"?

All opinions welcome!
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2629 Posts
Posted 01/26/2021   5:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add littleriverphil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Congratulations on that post number, Currently 1111!!
I don't have duplicates.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by littleriverphil - 01/26/2021 5:22 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
682 Posts
Posted 01/27/2021   8:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Moyock13 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have a ton of post cards and really don't know what to do with them. I wouldn't even know how to categorize them other than those listed in the Scott Specialized and those not.

I would be interested in some horse trading. What's your interest?
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1072 Posts
Posted 01/28/2021   05:40 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add erilaz to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I might be willing to do some swapping, if anyone has cards that would interest me topically. But the duplicates that I would be able to offer in trade are relatively recent (mostly 1990s to present), predominantly related to entertainment (especially advertising movies and music), and all unused.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1129 Posts
Posted 01/30/2021   04:14 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GregAlex to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
My interests are diverse but I only collect cards before about 1920. It seems like there might be enough interest to try this. I'll do some scanning this weekend and post a thread with areas I'm interested in.
  Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 203Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.11 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05