Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

USPS Is Releasing New 'Star Wars' Stamps. Here's What They Look Like

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 334Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1625 Posts
Posted 01/27/2021   12:25 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add James Drummond to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Send note to Staff

Valued Member
Learn More...
48 Posts
Posted 01/27/2021   12:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Pickastory to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
thank you for the update
interesting format layout
lots of possible mounting combos etc...
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
5690 Posts
Posted 01/27/2021   1:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Valued Member
United States
436 Posts
Posted 01/27/2021   6:38 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hoosierboy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Dorthy, we're not in Kansas anymore.

Waiting for the imperf press sheet. May the force be with you.
Edited by hoosierboy - 01/27/2021 6:39 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
563 Posts
Posted 01/27/2021   7:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wkusau to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The Droids are taking over.
Valued Member
United States
20 Posts
Posted 01/28/2021   12:48 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ckildegaard to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Not bad, but I can't help but feel that they could have been more imaginative. Why do other countries often have better stamps than us on our own topics (for example, Canada had a much more appealing set for the 50th anniversary of the moon landing, in my opinion, and I think I've seen Star Wars stamps from the UK too)? It also seems like a lot of the older U.S. stamps are better-looking than the most modern ones. For example, the current flag definitives are about as plain and boring as they could be, but some of the earlier flag ones are at least reasonably interesting. (Maybe they should make definitives of something besides the flag?!).

Apologies for the rant.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
5690 Posts
Posted 01/28/2021   07:53 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The USPS jumped the shark eons ago when it comes to stamp design. I have a pile of those gaudy, cartoonish, pink background Elvis stamps lying around that I slap on outgoing mail at times. They actually make me laugh to look at they are soooooo bad.
Valued Member
United States
296 Posts
Posted 02/02/2021   6:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Coastwatcher to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The USPS and the Citizens' Stamp Advisory Committee really need to get their priorities straight. The Star Wars droids get 10 different stamps, while the landing of the Mayflower, an extremely important event in our nation's history, received only one. Perhaps everyone who is involved in making decisions like this should be sent to a galaxy far, far away!
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 334Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.14 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05