Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Wanted: Michel Catalog Of Local Post Stamps (2005/2006)

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 335Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
5152 Posts
Posted 01/28/2021   2:14 pm  Show Profile Check revenuecollector's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add revenuecollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Actual title: Michel Spezial-Katalog der Deutschen Privatpostmarken. 2 volumes, 2005-2006.

Either print or PDF (preferrred).

Specifically I'm looking for listings of the Hamburg local posts as well as diagnostics for reprints and forgeries. If there are any other references that cover these stamps, I'm interested.

Thanks.
Send note to Staff

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
31941 Posts
Posted 01/28/2021   7:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting,
must have been expanded.
I have the 2000 edition (Free gift from PostmasterGS)
and with that edition, I find it very easy to locate information,
a rare case where *.pdf search option, is not really required, in my opinion /use.

Please give us a road test if/when you secure.

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Japan
2478 Posts
Posted 01/28/2021   7:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PostmasterGS to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
revenuecollector,

I'll take a look when I get home and see if I have an extra copy. I have extras of several Michel catalogs, but I don't remember exactly what I have. It may be several days, though, as I'm currently quarantined in Tokyo.
Presenting the GermanStamps.net Collection - Germany, Colonies, & Occupied Territories, 1872-1945
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
5152 Posts
Posted 01/28/2021   7:48 pm  Show Profile Check revenuecollector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add revenuecollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Rod,

I'm just in the habit of converting all catalogs I obtain to digital format so I can take them with me to shows. If it already exists in PDF format, then I don't have to cut down and scan in the printed book, and then OCR it.

For newer publications, I prefer to have PDFs generated from the source files that created the book as opposed to OCRed scans of a printed copy, as the former (1) are predominantly vector-based so the file size is much smaller, and more importantly (2) the text search is 100% accurate. Most OCR text is not accurate, with the worse the source printing, the worse the paper quality, and the smaller the text font size, the less accurate the text results are.

PostmasterGS, thank you very much. That is greatly appreciated! Certainly no rush at all.
Edited by revenuecollector - 01/28/2021 7:50 pm
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
31941 Posts
Posted 01/28/2021   7:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Revenuecollector,
right you are, I fully understand your points.
I am a huge fan of searchable *.pdfs, as I would be being a worldwide collector.
I am of the habit of purchasing ripped sections of Scott catalogue,
and have other colleagues OCR them for me.
Having 2 computer screens, and searchable material, makes life a deal more enjoyable.

Pillar Of The Community
Japan
2478 Posts
Posted 01/29/2021   4:54 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PostmasterGS to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
rev,

As it turns out, I don't have an extra copy of those. If you just need the Hamburg pages for now, shoot me an email offline (postmaster @ the name of my website) and I'll see if I can help you out.

Also, should you look at purchasing a copy of these, be aware that Band 2 is only modern (post-2000ish) stuff.
Presenting the GermanStamps.net Collection - Germany, Colonies, & Occupied Territories, 1872-1945
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
5152 Posts
Posted 02/02/2021   9:51 pm  Show Profile Check revenuecollector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add revenuecollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Just for giggles, here's the lot that I wanted to be able to look up. Most are marked as as reprints or counterfeits, as expected. No idea at this point whether the ones marked as originals are in fact that.

Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 335Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.56 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05