Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Hawid Closing It's Doors

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 23 / Views: 2,186Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
United States
24 Posts
Posted 02/11/2021   09:41 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add exlibriseric to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Aren't Showgard Mounts just re-branded Hawid mounts imported to America by Vidiforms?
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Learn More...
9750 Posts
Posted 02/11/2021   09:52 am  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
jogil,
US Patent for a stamp mount filed on Sept 4, 1947 (patent #2,508,854

Don
Valued Member
73 Posts
Posted 09/25/2021   9:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tsmatx to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry to bump this old topic, but I thought it would be preferable to starting new one-

Supposedly Hawid would be out of business by now (September 2021) but appears to be almost fully stocked online (in fact, probably better than almost all other philatelic supply companies which claim to be still in production but are rarely actually stocked). I put in a "panic order" just over the past week and it was fulfilled very quickly and completely, already in hand--only 24mm-26mm mounts were not in stock. I cannot be the only one who has done this. Does anybody have insight into how much supply is left? Or if they are still being produced? What are alternatives for top loading mounts should supply actually dry up?
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
6763 Posts
Posted 09/26/2021   12:19 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Lighthouse bought the Hawid trademarks, machinery and materials and are manufacturing the Hawid mounts.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3147 Posts
Posted 09/26/2021   06:48 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add angore to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I had posted a comment recently here but I never found confirmation. I looked on the Lighthouse web site and do not see them.
Al
Edited by angore - 09/26/2021 06:55 am
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
798 Posts
Posted 09/26/2021   06:55 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Ringo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Just been on Hawid's site to check the state of play, and I noticed something I've not heard of before - Hawid adhesive. Apparently,

"A small tube of chemically safe special adhesive which allows you to remount previously used stamp mounts and re-affix any which may have become detached from a printed hingeless stamp album."

Who knew? (Well, probably most of you, but not me!)
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
6763 Posts
Posted 09/26/2021   08:21 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Valued Member
United States
24 Posts
Posted 09/29/2021   7:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add exlibriseric to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Ringo,
I've used Hawid adhesive to reattach mounts that have fallen out of/ come loose from some Lighthouse hingeless albums I own.
It works great.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 23 / Views: 2,186Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.16 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05