Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

I Have Erected Some Stamps From All Over The World

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 454Next Topic  

Italy
2 Posts
Posted 02/06/2021   2:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add mikiok to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
roughly through stampworld I managed to catalog them but, some having different variables are difficult. Furthermore, their value can vary a lot. can someone help me.
thank you

Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
856 Posts
Posted 02/06/2021   2:54 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NSK to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The British stamps are all so-called Wildings. Without seeing the watermark, back and knowing whether these have phosphor bars on the front, it is impossible to identify them from your scans.

As for value: I am sorry to say all British stamps other than the 4d, that is sound used, are either very bad scans or faded spacefillers.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by NSK - 02/06/2021 2:56 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
5602 Posts
Posted 02/06/2021   3:21 pm  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, I'm afraid these are worth pennies/cents.
Valued Member
United States
60 Posts
Posted 02/07/2021   9:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bmbmbm to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
An easier way to scan in a bunch of stamps for checking could be to take 1 picture all the stamps in row (say 4 rows with 5 stamps each). Easier for you, and easier to look through.

Ok, I'll try doing some IDing for you. I'm using 2017 Scott Classic Specialized Catalogue. Some of the different numbers are hard to ID by sight. You have to look at the watermark in the paper, and look at the number of perforations.

Hungary 72, 72b, 89, or 89b
France 260
Great Britain multiple options
Valued Member
United States
60 Posts
Posted 02/07/2021   9:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bmbmbm to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Continued....
France 165
France 113
92 or 103
probably 100
Valued Member
United States
60 Posts
Posted 02/07/2021   9:26 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bmbmbm to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Continued.....

US 561 or 586 or 637
multiple options
multiple options
I'm not sure the Oman one is a real stamp. My Scott Standard Catalogue goes up to 2010, and the stamps use a country name of Sultanate of Oman, not State of Oman.
France 160
multiple options
France C6 catalog value (CV) $2.25
249 (vertical line at top of spire is broken) or 250 (line not broken) If it is 249, the CV is $4.25.

Of course CV just gives a general value to the stamps (a value that rises and falls based on demand). Also the CV is based on well-centered, undamaged stamps with light cancels. Any damage or centering issues decrease the CV by quite a bit. Also, if you were to sell stamps, they would only sell for a percentage of CV. That percentage would be higher for nicer or more uncommon stuff.
Italy
2 Posts
Posted 02/14/2021   08:51 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mikiok to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks to everyone for the help and especially to bmbmbm. Unfortunately I had to reduce the quality of the photos in order to send them as per the forum instructions
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
354 Posts
Posted 02/14/2021   11:27 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Willwood42 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Everyone needs to adhere to the same size limitations for posting images. The important step that needs to be learned is the use of the most excellent image optimizer that is provided with the "Full Reply" option
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 454Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.16 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05