Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Snow Mammals Booklet Fluorescent Ink Transfer

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 793Next Topic  
Valued Member

Canada
83 Posts
Posted 02/17/2021   11:19 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Pollux to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
The animal's tracks in snow have some ghost print in my two booklets on the second and thrid pannel probabley because the fluorescent ink was not dry enought before folding the booklet on the production line. Do your booklets have the same?
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
7615 Posts
Posted 02/17/2021   12:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Pollux
That is kinda neat...Worth placing it in your collection.
I am jealous..Good find....

Robert

Collectors should check booklets and their singles now.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by wert - 02/17/2021 12:19 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1327 Posts
Posted 02/18/2021   8:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BlackJag to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
My local Post Office has twenty booklets exactly the same as Pollux's. I bought my normal two of them as I think that all may have this repetitive error, It will be interesting to get the booklet die cut singles in my January-March 2021 Quarterly Pack to see if they also have the extra footprints. Interesting that the left frame stamps did not tranfer the footprints onto the reverse of the right frame's back cover when folded over.

Also the cut off lettering on the booklet cover is different from the cut off lettering on the souvenir sheet. (artistic license ?) The stamps are not affected by this in any way.

Valued Member
Canada
83 Posts
Posted 02/19/2021   12:12 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Pollux to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
BlackJag, If you use a Long Wave Light you will notice that there are not only the footprints but also the tagging of the two bottom stamps of the last page that have transfered on the second page around the artic fox image.
Why the first page did not transfer anything ? my idea is that the first folding was to fast after the printing process and by the time the last folding (the front) was done the ink had time to dry completly.
I also checked about 50 booklets at my post-office and all of them was like that. The search for a normal booklet is on.
Edited by Pollux - 02/19/2021 11:51 am
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1327 Posts
Posted 02/19/2021   12:46 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BlackJag to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I hadn't noticed the transfer of the tagging as well.
Thanks Pollux for pointing that out.
Here's my photo of the booklet transfers for inclusion on my album page showing the sources and results of the two types of fluorescent tranfer.
Too bad that it's so hard to photograph the booklet in a proper rectangular image.

Valued Member
Canada
54 Posts
Posted 02/20/2021   11:47 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Jacklac to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have also notice that on the back of the souvenir sheet, there are some fluorescent ink, but it look like it pass true the paper????? Not sure about this.
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1327 Posts
Posted 02/20/2021   5:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BlackJag to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
If the reverse is showing the same paw prints that appear on the front and in the same location's, than I believe that is normal.

However, please scan and post the souvenir sheet if there is other fluorescense anywhere else.
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1327 Posts
Posted 03/26/2021   7:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BlackJag to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
A Canada Post clerk told me yesterday that the Postmaster returned all unsold Snow Mammal stamps back upon receipt of a Head Office email instructing her to do so.
The email said that a new supply would replace the returned items.

This morning, another Post Office said booklets that, when opened, fell apart at the seams between the three panels were to be returned and replaced.
Edited by BlackJag - 03/27/2021 11:16 am
Valued Member
Canada
83 Posts
Posted 04/16/2021   12:46 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Pollux to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Due to the unexpected popularity of this edition, Canada Post have increase the printing from 300,000 to 400,000 booklets. Interesting to know now if the fluorescence errors will also be present in this new addition. Info from In Detail issue april 2021 vol.3
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 793Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.16 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05