Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Stamp Lost In The Mail, Advice On Next Steps?

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 69 / Views: 2,692Next Topic
Page: of 5
Valued Member
Learn More...
396 Posts
Posted 02/23/2021   1:20 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Stamps4Life to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
File a claim - item not revived. Simple as that and you get your money back from eBay.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
300 Posts
Posted 02/23/2021   3:26 pm  Show Profile Check pascoe's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add pascoe to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Ok, I have requested immediate processing of my refund and if I don't receive it by Feb 24, then I will ask eBay to step in and assist.

The seller has also sent me a shipping insurance claim through eBay. I assume it is safe to verify the claim and that is a good gesture to help the seller out (?) It still sits weird with me that the seller is so adamant about taking care of their end first before rapidly taking care of their buyer.

Yes Don, all communication is going through eBay messaging. I attached several photos to the message I sent the seller.
Edited by pascoe - 02/23/2021 3:28 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
3779 Posts
Posted 02/26/2021   5:40 pm  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Do not like sellers with this bully boy attuite. And he get rewarded by the buyer for his very bad behavior.

This is a neg level seller action that has been reinforced by saying everything is just fine for the sellers feedback.

Valued Member
United States
146 Posts
Posted 02/26/2021   8:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GMC89 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Please let us know how this works out Pascoe. You have done what you should do. Last October I ate a 800.00 dollar job because the client was not satisfied. It's the price of doing business. (I am not sure I didn't agree with him)
Cheers
Valued Member
United States
300 Posts
Posted 02/26/2021   8:53 pm  Show Profile Check pascoe's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add pascoe to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Well, I have some lessons learned here...

I notified the seller to issue a refund promptly and they still have yet to do so.

I submitted a claim to eBay of the item did not arrive. eBay declined saying that the seller provided evidence the envelope arrived by way of tracking number.

The seller has contacted me stating they will honor a refund to me even though eBay will not.

Big lesson here was probably to not have opened the envelope and to have sent it back to seller immediately.

I'm exhausted and will probably capitulate unless the refund doesn't come through. I'm so disappointed. Seller also remarked that "you don't get a 100% positive feedback rating by screwing people over". Leaves me with a bad taste in the mouth for sure :(

Just want the ordeal to be over and to move on. Thinking of not submitting feedback to avoid wasting precious time. I do hope the time I have spent on this thread (and the community members) serves as advice for those that encounter a similar situation in the future.
Valued Member
United States
146 Posts
Posted 02/26/2021   9:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GMC89 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm sorry Pascoe
You have been treated poorly
I know the feeling, it's an uncaring world.
Stay well
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
6148 Posts
Posted 02/26/2021   9:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It is all so silly. A seller could be sending empty envelopes. eBay just wants a tracking number. Forget feedback. It is an utterly useless marketing widget. Sorry it went this way.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
483 Posts
Posted 02/26/2021   10:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add uboatnut to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
When this is over and you have your refund in hand, please identify this seller so others here can decide if they want to do business with him.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
6148 Posts
Posted 02/26/2021   10:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The seller was identified on page two of this thread.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
31935 Posts
Posted 02/27/2021   12:01 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I try to offer all, the benefit of the doubt,
but this fella lost all consideration when he stated

Quote:
"you don't get a 100% positive feedback rating by screwing people over"

Chin up! we all, at times, face things that challenge.
Edited by rod222 - 02/27/2021 12:04 am
Valued Member
United States
13 Posts
Posted 02/27/2021   08:36 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jlw35 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Pascoe,
" Thinking of not submitting feedback to avoid wasting precious time." I know that this type of issue is exhausting, but I personally believe that you should respond with an honest review.
I just looked at his profile and it's still 100% and if I were a first-time buyer from him, I would think that all was fine when it's not.
I'm going through a small purchase with difficulty right now (from an auction site). Purchased on Feb.1st and not yet received. The excuse (which is getting old) is COVID of course and USPS. I'll be patient for another week and then will honestly review my issue. Again, I will be completely honest and not accusatory.
Jeff
Learn More...
9258 Posts
Posted 02/27/2021   08:59 am  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The issue with the eBay feedback is that it is nearly useless; they have already sided with the seller and the seller will simply ask eBay to remove the negative feedback and they will. The feedback tool assists eBay, they get paid when buyers feel good about buying; penalize the sellers and eBay's income goes down.

Additionally, it is very easy to game the feedback system with multiple eBay accounts. There are thousands of listings you can find where cheap items are being sold just to pump up the feedbacks. Lastly, if all else fails it is easy to go buy existing eBay accounts online. These have hundreds or even thousands of existing feedbacks and 100% ratings, a few hundred dollars and a convicted felon can instantly become a eBay seller with an account that look like it has been around for years.

It is interesting that this thread runs opposite of the threads which opine that eBay always favors the buyer.
Don
Valued Member
United States
13 Posts
Posted 02/27/2021   09:28 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jlw35 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
That's good insight Don. I have used eBay sparingly in the past for various transactions.
Jeff
Valued Member
United States
300 Posts
Posted 03/13/2021   11:00 pm  Show Profile Check pascoe's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add pascoe to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Quick update. After some time since the damaged envelope arrived without the stamp I paid for, the seller of all things sent a check to me in the mail. I'm pretty happy to be moving on and learned a lot through this experience. Thank you all for your help.

I also reached out to the Stamp Show Here Today podcast and they gave their opinions here
https://overcast.fm/+Dl0zdVJsw
Pillar Of The Community
United States
684 Posts
Posted 03/14/2021   04:05 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mootermutt987 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I am glad to hear it worked out for you.

My initial reaction to seeing an incoming envelope like that would be to want to see if my stamps were OK. I just might sign for it in order to do that - I suspect the PO just wants me to sign for it and get it off of their plate. Based on this thread, I know I need to resist my curiosity, and simply refuse delivery. Let the seller/insurance-buyer deal with any fallout. If it gets back to him undamaged (just the packaging got gnarled), then I'd be happy to pay another P&H fee and get it a couple weeks late - hopefully 2nd time's a charm.

Thank you for the update!
Page: of 5 Previous TopicReplies: 69 / Views: 2,692Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.28 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05