Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Stamp Lost In The Mail, Advice On Next Steps?

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 69 / Views: 2,654Next Topic
Page: of 5
Valued Member
United States
146 Posts
Posted 03/14/2021   08:05 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GMC89 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I am glad things worked out Pascoe. I was thinking about your situation and wondering how it all ended.
I am glad the vendor did the right thing. The cost of doing business sometimes is you eat the bill.
Cheers
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
3777 Posts
Posted 03/16/2021   7:42 pm  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Very happy that you got a refund Pascoe.

We all need to learn how to deal with the high stress areas of buying & selling stamps. Great learning curved. This seller has over 5,000 feedbacks and never been neg.

This seller has no revised feedbacks. That is something I look at as a buyer & seller. Not good.

Do not share the opinion that feedback is a waist of time. It keeps the honest people in place.
Edited by KGV Collector - 03/16/2021 7:43 pm
Valued Member
United States
299 Posts
Posted 03/16/2021   8:05 pm  Show Profile Check pascoe's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add pascoe to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
This seller has no revised feedbacks.

Could you explain further why this is not good? Does this mean that negative feedback has likely been received and petitioned for successful removable by eBay instead of by resolution by appropriate action taken to satisfy the buyer?

I'm pretty curious because this seller really talked up their 100% positive feedback score.

Thank you!
Pillar Of The Community
3520 Posts
Posted 03/16/2021   8:15 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add John Becker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
the seller ... sent a check to me in the mail.

Very unusual. Why not refund through the electronic payment system to leave a more obvious and connected refund trail?
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
6111 Posts
Posted 03/16/2021   8:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Do not share the opinion that feedback is a waist of time. It keeps the honest people in place.

Check the Ryle/Cartel feedback ratings or any of a host of other characters that are frequently discussed, and not in a good way.

Feedback is meaningless. Some are determined to drink the Kool-Aid however.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
3777 Posts
Posted 03/16/2021   9:19 pm  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

Could you explain further why this is not good? Does this mean that negative feedback has likely been received and petitioned for successful removable by eBay instead of by resolution by appropriate action taken to satisfy the buyer?

I'm pretty curious because this seller really talked up their 100% positive feedback score.

This is how I use eBay feedback. Look at how many feedbacks the seller has and pencil in 1 neg per 1,000 for a honest seller. So this seller has 5,000+ feedbacks with no recorded revised feedbacks showing. This is a good example here of "not good". All this sellers negs have been removed by eBay. This tells us heaps about the seller.

So I have had 2 negs over 10 years selling on eBay with 100% pos feedbacks and have 2 recorded neg sores of 2 feedbacks revised which shows up on my profile. This system is to keep honest people in place. It is a big mistake to think this feedback is going to stop the criminals etc because if you get eBay to remove feedback it disappears, no record anywhere. If you were a honest seller you would have a revised feedback counted because you have worked with the buyers to get a revised feedback score. If a seller gets to a large amount of sales and no neg....I do not believe it. Something is wrong big time. It just does not happen. It means the seller has had many, many negs removed by eBay is what I think.

Corrected feedback "count" remains on your feedback prolife. Have a neg feedback on my 1st eBay sale over 10 years ago and it is still up on revised feedback "count" with my profile. But it is not recorded if eBay removes feedback from your score. It is gone with no record of this taking place. It just does not happen. Really suits the dishonest sellers. My count does not show the 5 or 6 feedbacks that were changed by eBay.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
682 Posts
Posted 03/16/2021   10:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mootermutt987 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I agree. If someone has 100's or 1000's of feedbacks, but no negatives, I begin to smell a rat. That certainly isn't a hard and fast rule, but for someone that I don't know, I ASSUME that SOMETHING didn't go well enough for some picky buyer.

If I get word that some seller is a good seller, or if I happen to have a long and satisfactory relationship with a seller, I completely ignore the above 'rule'. This goes along the lines of 'if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is'.

And for the negs that do exist for a new (to me) seller, I will read them to see if I can get a whiff of what went wrong. Much of the time, honestly, I get a whiff that the buyer was the problem, or his/her expectations were ridiculous. Or that the PO took too long (is that REALLY the seller's fault???). And if the seller doesn't seem to pass the whiff test, it is time to move to the next seller. I have walked away from many a deal because of feedback. Having said all that, I must admit that feedback is getting less and less useful --- it can be so diluted that the whiff test doesn't work at all.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
6111 Posts
Posted 03/17/2021   12:13 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Not to mention that accounts with lots of positive feedback can be readily purchased.
Pillar Of The Community
3520 Posts
Posted 03/17/2021   8:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add John Becker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I left a neutral feedback for a seller today. We'll see how long it stays posted.
Page: of 5 Previous TopicReplies: 69 / Views: 2,654Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.17 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05