Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

2021 Scott Classic Specialized Catalogue Of Stamps & Covers 1840-1940

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 511Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
3419 Posts
Posted 02/18/2021   3:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add jogil to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Has anyone bought the following stamp catalogue?:
2021 Scott Classic Specialized Catalogue of Stamps & Covers 1840-1940: 2021 Scott Classic Specialized Catalogue Covering 1840-1940, Hardcover (Nov. 1, 2020) by Charles Snee (Author), Jim Kloetzel (Author), Jay Bigalke (Editor)
Send note to Staff
Edited by jogil - 02/18/2021 3:09 pm

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1466 Posts
Posted 02/18/2021   3:23 pm  Show Profile Check KRelyea's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KRelyea to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have used the hardcover Scott WW specialized catalog for years. They are very well made and I use one until it wears out and that is usually after 8-10 years of hard use. I never buy a current year but usually pick up unsold copy from the prior year at a big discount.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
871 Posts
Posted 02/18/2021   3:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Philatarium to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I did finally update all my Scotts in the last several months, so I have it.

I'm guessing you have a question?
-- Japan, Korea, Trucial States, Swiss booklets & more on HipStamp: https://www.hipstamp.com/store/the-philatarium

long-term member: American Philatelic Society, Int'l Society for Japanese Philately, & others
Edited by Philatarium - 02/18/2021 5:02 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
584 Posts
Posted 02/18/2021   8:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wkusau to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have the 2011 edition. Still has a lot of life in it.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
5128 Posts
Posted 02/18/2021   9:09 pm  Show Profile Check revenuecollector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add revenuecollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Was there an actual question here, or just a census for how many people have bought the catalogue?
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
5994 Posts
Posted 02/18/2021   9:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes
Pillar Of The Community
United States
665 Posts
Posted 02/18/2021   11:26 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mootermutt987 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
No.
Pillar Of The Community
3419 Posts
Posted 02/19/2021   08:03 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jogil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Philaterium: Thanks
Pillar Of The Community
United States
748 Posts
Posted 02/19/2021   9:54 pm  Show Profile Check docgfd's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add docgfd to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm still using my 2008 version as a checklist, although I have a couple of newer editions.
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1717 Posts
Posted 02/20/2021   12:04 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bobby De La Rue to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Still using my 2014 edition. I have no plans to upgrade as I'm not collecting non British Empire anymore.

It's a nice companion to my old SG catalogues
Edited by Bobby De La Rue - 02/20/2021 12:05 am
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Canada
778 Posts
Posted 02/20/2021   09:14 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gmot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I did a spot check on prices between my 2016 classic specialized and 2021 general a couple months ago. There were minimal differences. Thinking of picking up a newer classic this year but that's more because I love collecting catalogues than any real need.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1547 Posts
Posted 02/20/2021   10:29 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Climber Steve to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have the 2020 edition. I buy it every 3-4 years to see what additions the editors have made in my specialty areas. As one example, a few years ago, the editors finally broke apart the Ceres issues of Portugal and colonies into the actual perfs and primary papers. Some of the prices skyrocketed up as a result.
  Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 511Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.17 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05