Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Canal Zone Anybody?

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 248 / Views: 33,492Next Topic
Page: of 17
Valued Member
United States
7 Posts
Posted 06/20/2022   10:22 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add baseline11 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I will toast to THAT, Jomic-3139!
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
213 Posts
Posted 06/21/2022   07:13 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add pcerio to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Beware the bite of the pane bug! It is expensive and frustrating. 'Tis a perfect example of the slippery slope concept.

I'm staying off that slope. I only have 3 of the 4th bureau overprint booklet panes, and since I don't have pages formatted for booklets, that's as far as I'll go.
Edited by pcerio - 06/21/2022 07:14 am
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
586 Posts
Posted 09/03/2022   10:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add uboatnut to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
ATTENTION: Here's your chance to fill in some of those empty frames in your CZ album. Kelleher auction 775 on Sept 20, 2022.

"The Richard Bates Collection of Canal Zone Errors and Varieties - September 20, 2022

Formed over many decades of studious and dedicated collecting by Richard Bates, long-time editor of The Canal Zone Philatelist and board member of the Canal Zone Study Group, this is among the finest collections of Canal Zone errors and varieties ever compiled. Presented here are a vast array of carefully selected stamps and virtually every major error from his Grand Award-winning exhibit collection, including many items never before offered in a public setting."

https://stampauctionnetwork.com/V/V775.cfm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
4763 Posts
Posted 09/13/2022   02:28 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add redwoodrandy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I am in the Zone. Went all in with the latest Matthew Bennett auction, next Kelleher and then Bates/Kelleher. My timing was fortuitous after holding off for decades. Just suddenly fell into the Canal.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
586 Posts
Posted 09/13/2022   11:31 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add uboatnut to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Be careful Andy; the water is deep - and expensive to navigate.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
4763 Posts
Posted 09/13/2022   1:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add redwoodrandy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This is an instance where I pretty much have or will have all of the major numbers before I even receive my first stamp. I am not collecting the errors with just a few exceptions. The collection was almost complete but full of fakes of course. The expensive stamps I purchased all have certs. I will replace several of the fakes in the collection with cert. copies. Canal Zone and Mongolia with all of the fakes scaring me off after 65 years of collecting are finally happening. I am thrilled. More money than brains, Randy
Valued Member
United States
114 Posts
Posted 09/13/2022   2:05 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NumOnes to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
If you are not poor after the Richard Bates sale, this fall Aldrich will auction the Craig Chartrand collection. Craig and Richard both decided to auction their collections while they still had the ability to oversee the sale. Notice of Craig's sale as advertised in the upcoming issue of Canal Zone Philatelist.

The Canal Zone Study Group http://canalzonestudygroup.com/ had 3 other members that unfortunately passed away this Spring. We are still waiting for those estates to arrange the sale of the material. That material includes a great deal of Canal Zone postal history.

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
4763 Posts
Posted 09/13/2022   2:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add redwoodrandy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow. Thank you for the notice. What a perfect time for me to collect Canal Zone. Picking up all of the best material. Divine.
Page: of 17 Previous TopicReplies: 248 / Views: 33,492Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05