Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Generic Album And Train Pages

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 336Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
13 Posts
Posted 02/21/2021   1:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add jlw35 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I'm in the process of putting together a Topical Album for my grandson.
The stamps will be U.S. topicals (space and trains).

Thanks to input from forum members, I've found pages for Space Stamps to print (thank you Mystick), but I would like to find a decent album to put them in without breaking the bank.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I'm thinking a smaller maybe 1 to 2 inch size would be appropriate and would like a slipcase as well.

Also, if anyone has a suggestion for printable pages related to trains, that would be wonderful.

Thank You
Jeff
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
5466 Posts
Posted 02/21/2021   1:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I don't know about pages, but Schaubek does a train-themed binder

https://www.schaubek.de/screw-post-...ic-embossing
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
13 Posts
Posted 02/21/2021   1:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jlw35 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Those are really nice binders Geoff! Unfortunately, the shipping makes it less cost-efficient (should have mentioned that I'm in the U.S). It is, however, exactly the sort of binder that I'm looking for.

Thanks
Jeff
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
5466 Posts
Posted 02/21/2021   1:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Jeff - yes, well, even here, the nightmare Covid-Brexit collision has made buying from mainland Europe a fiancial and logistical problem!
Pillar Of The Community
675 Posts
Posted 02/21/2021   2:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NSK to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
DAVO has a trains-themed binder in its Cosmos range.

https://www.davo.nl/en/webshop/kosm...lbum-trains/

I think DAVO is available in the USA.
Valued Member
United States
13 Posts
Posted 02/21/2021   2:22 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jlw35 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
NSK, went to Amazon (also did a web search) but couldn't find a U.S. distributor. Same issue with shipping, unfortunately.
I'll keep searching.
Thanks for the suggestion.
Jeff
Pillar Of The Community
675 Posts
Posted 02/21/2021   3:04 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NSK to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Did you check with Palo? I think that name has been mentioned as one that sells DAVO in the USA.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1468 Posts
Posted 02/21/2021   3:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add cjpalermo1964 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I realize you asked about printable pages, but in case you strike out, I thought you should be aware of these preprinted pages as an option. Country coverage is limited, and this is recent product introduction that could turn into a one-off that isn't updated or extended. And a few of the spaces seem to have a distant relationship to railroads or trains.

https://www.amosadvantage.com/rail-transportation
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
31656 Posts
Posted 02/21/2021   3:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
White Ace Album Pages (29 Pages $20)

Edited by rod222 - 02/21/2021 3:43 pm
Valued Member
United States
13 Posts
Posted 02/21/2021   3:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jlw35 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks cjpalermo, I found printable space-themed (another source from one of this forum) but nothing for trains. Amos does have a nice album with pages in them as you mentioned, that might be a good resource.
I was hoping to combine both themes in one album, that might work, I could print the space pages and add them to the pre-printed album from Amos.
Good one.
Thanks
Jeff

Also, thanks to NSK.
Valued Member
United States
13 Posts
Posted 02/21/2021   3:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jlw35 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
So many good ideas! Thanks Rod
Jeff
Valued Member
United States
13 Posts
Posted 02/24/2021   08:25 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jlw35 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
As a follow-up to my original post, I've decided to order from Amos Advantage. They offer a small binder (holds approx. 100 pages), with train-themed pre-printed Scott pages.
It includes pages for train stamps from Canada and South America (a little more than I needed as I was focused on U.S. series) but we'll see where that goes.

I'll also be able to add the Space-themed stamp pages to the binder that are offered as a download with the help of APS and Mystick Stamps.

Again, thank you to all who responded, very helpful.

Jeff
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1039 Posts
Posted 02/24/2021   5:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add chipg to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
American Topical Association has lots of pages by theme.
Look under Transportation:
https://americantopical.org/Album-Pages
Valued Member
United States
13 Posts
Posted 02/24/2021   7:22 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jlw35 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Chip, that's a good site.
Dinosaurs next.
Jeff
  Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 336Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.53 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05