Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Eid 2017 Tagging Question

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 190Next Topic  
Valued Member

Canada
77 Posts
Posted 02/21/2021   9:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Pollux to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I have a tagging question for the BK670 (2998a). This stamp is identified as GT4 (Unitrade 2018) The tagging all around the stamp is in the white outline but the particular die-cut makes it so that it has eliminated the white band at the top with the tagging . Isn't this a GT3 instead. Are your booklet the same or you have tagging in the image part?
tks Pollux.

Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1091 Posts
Posted 02/21/2021   10:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add No1philatelist to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice find. GT4 tagging is the standard on this issue in the booklet but the stamp is centered high, creating a three bar tag variety on the stamp itself. Congratulations, you have just discovered a new variety that I believe would be would be a G4aB.

Edit: I may stand to be corrected, as the top of the stamp does not contain a white border or the image "breaks out" . And lately the issues where there is "breakout of image" or no white border, it contains no tagging.

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by No1philatelist - 02/21/2021 11:16 pm
Pillar Of The Community
7461 Posts
Posted 02/21/2021   11:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Are you posting 2 different stamps..?

Valued Member
Canada
77 Posts
Posted 02/21/2021   11:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Pollux to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
wert, there are three different stamps in this booklet (2998, 2998i, 2998ii), peek and valley are slightly off center from one to the other.
Top image (mine from colum 2)
The second image come from an internet site (colum one probably) I put it there just to show how the die-cut is on the production run, exactely as mine with the top die-cut inside the image. My question is, do you have tagging on the top of your's? if not why call this a GT4.
Valued Member
Canada
77 Posts
Posted 02/21/2021   11:46 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Pollux to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
No1philatelist, I just saw your edit, thank you for your answer.
Valued Member
84 Posts
Posted 02/22/2021   2:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add UnitradeEditor to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Pollux:

The Unitrade catalogue is incorrect on this - the Eid stamp is tagged on only three sides - the sides with the white border.

As with other stamp issues, tagging cannot be applied to an area of the stamp that has already received some 'colour'. In this case, the top of the stamp is not tagged.

Your image agrees with this. Your stamp does not appear to have any tagging touching the top of the stamp itself.

The Unitrade catalogue has been corrected for the 2022 edition.

Robin Harris
Editor, Unitrade
Valued Member
Canada
77 Posts
Posted 02/22/2021   4:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Pollux to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you very much for this clarification mister Harris, well appreciated.
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 190Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.12 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05