Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Ebay International Shipping Problems From The US

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 18 / Views: 652Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar Of The Community
United States
533 Posts
Posted 02/22/2021   3:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add John Freibergs to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I sent 2 items thru eBay's International Shipping option. One a magazine and one a book. They were routed thru eBay's collection point in Erlanger, Ky. One shows arrived there 2/23 and the other one sometime prior to that(USPS lost tracking). I've been charged the shipping fees on both of them so I assume they are in the shippers hands. One was supposed to arrive in the Netherlands today and the other in London tomorrow. Neither shows any movement on the ESUS tracking number. I realize Covid and the winter storms have tossed a monkey wrench into shipping scenarios everywhere. But is there any way to get any answers out of eBay as what's happening? Is it worth even trying with their not so stellar customer service reps? Or just sit here and keep my fingers crossed? So far neither customer has reached out to me.
Send note to Staff
Edited by John Freibergs - 02/23/2021 2:02 pm

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
5147 Posts
Posted 02/23/2021   1:28 pm  Show Profile Check revenuecollector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add revenuecollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I just had a buyer leave me 8 neutral feedbacks because a single parcel took 6 weeks to reach France. I shipped the day after I was paid and it sat in the Chicago international depot for over a month.

I am considering turning off all international sales until this mess is over with.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1107 Posts
Posted 02/23/2021   1:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add erilaz to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I don't blame you. Dealing with buyers who can't understand the current situation must be incredibly frustrating. My international eBay purchases have been arriving so far, and I've been patient. Currently my oldest outstanding international purchase is from the U.K., 28 days ago, without tracking. But I'm still eight days from the end of my "estimated delivery" window.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
533 Posts
Posted 02/23/2021   2:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add John Freibergs to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The first time I tried eBay's shipping option was to Ireland and it was there in under 2 weeks. But of course that was before Covid and the storms here in the US. It's just that these items seem to have vanished into the black hole that is their shipping program right now and I'm leery of opening the can of worms that is eBay customer service. I just did that with a supposedly lost item to Montana and that wasn't much fun.
Pillar Of The Community
973 Posts
Posted 02/24/2021   02:09 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DrewM to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The worldwide pandemic plus the serious contractions in U.S. mail service due to Postmaster DeJoy's policies are a one-two punch that has managed to cripple mail deliveries. Now we have winter weather slowdowns in parts of the U.S. It's a mess.

If I were shipping internationally, I'd make it very clear in ALL CAPS that no one should even expect the arrival of a mailing for at least a month but that I would SHIP IT IMMEDIATELY and so to be very patient.

I have not received at least two items from overseas that the seller swears he sent in December of last year. And he has the shipping data to support that claim. A lot of international shipping seems to end up in some warehouse somewhere, in NYC I've heard, where it's processed very slowly. Or not at all. Maybe they just throw it all in the river after awhile. It's disgraceful and embarrassing to see an excellent postal service in such sad shape, and we all know who to blame.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1480 Posts
Posted 02/24/2021   09:07 am  Show Profile Check KRelyea's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KRelyea to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
eBay Seller Protection says;

I'd be calling them about those Neutral Feedback.

Ken

Edited by KRelyea - 02/24/2021 09:08 am
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
6132 Posts
Posted 02/24/2021   11:50 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
due to Postmaster DeJoy's policies

Pillar Of The Community
United States
533 Posts
Posted 02/25/2021   10:51 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add John Freibergs to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
https://parcelsapp.com/en/shops/ebay Found both my packages were delivered over 2 weeks ago using this app. So much for eBay's tracking info when you click on the order.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
6236 Posts
Posted 02/25/2021   3:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stallzer to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
My entire neighborhood has not received mail this week yet. The USPS is a complete mess right now but apparently might get fixed soon.
Valued Member
United States
146 Posts
Posted 02/25/2021   4:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GMC89 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Stalizer, in my opinion..... probably not.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
6132 Posts
Posted 02/25/2021   7:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
At least they have new trucks coming. LOL
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
6236 Posts
Posted 02/26/2021   09:18 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stallzer to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Stalizer, in my opinion..... probably not.

The light at the end of the tunnel.

https://www.adn.com/nation-world/20...mail-crises/
Valued Member
United States
146 Posts
Posted 02/26/2021   09:27 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GMC89 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hopefully (prayerfully) I'll stand corrected.
Thanks for the link.
Stay well
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
6132 Posts
Posted 02/26/2021   09:51 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, that should fix it.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
6236 Posts
Posted 02/26/2021   10:13 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stallzer to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Had you bothered to read the article or if you've been following this in any matter you'd have seen this.

"The new slate would create a Democratic advantage and potentially the votes to oust DeJoy, whose summer overhaul led to precipitous service declines that snarled up untold numbers of Americans' bills, prescriptions and paychecks."

Further explanation.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/bid...1600079.html
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
6132 Posts
Posted 02/26/2021   10:20 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 18 / Views: 652Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 1.22 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05