Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Is USPS Still Properly Delivering DHL Or Collismo Shipments?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 461Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1990 Posts
Posted 02/25/2021   10:40 am  Show Profile Check Stamps1962's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add Stamps1962 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
This post is an outgrowth of my recent posts re a situation where USPS failed to process a DHL delivery last week. It was on it's way back immediately. They told me my address was messed up. Now I wonder, I have an Yvert album arriving Friday from their handler. Is there some issue here I need to be aware of?

Is USPS trying to reduce any distractions here? Worried about the Yvert delivery. Will that one be delivered?
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
518 Posts
Posted 02/25/2021   5:47 pm  Show Profile Check wheelman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add wheelman to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The issue with the USPS is they are no longer a reliable service. I will no longer use them for anything other than a letter. Over three weeks and still waiting on priority two day delivery and was told earlier this week to give it another week.
Such a shame to see this happen to the post office.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
5935 Posts
Posted 02/25/2021   7:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I am waiting on a Michel catalog that was shipped on 15 December. LOL
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1990 Posts
Posted 02/26/2021   3:29 pm  Show Profile Check Stamps1962's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Stamps1962 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It arrived. Pack pulled open on one end, half the pages ruined by water leakage, other half fine, binder fine. Some one did this after it arrived here in the USA, I'd bet.

My first time dealing with Yvert, I messaged them to ask about replacement or credit for these. I needed a binder far more than the pages. Assuming I get credit for the damages we're OK.
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
5466 Posts
Posted 02/26/2021   4:10 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Stamps - my sympathy, and I hope yousort this out. My experience with Yvert has been good, although I'm 150 miles from Amiens, not an ocean away.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1990 Posts
Posted 02/26/2021   4:35 pm  Show Profile Check Stamps1962's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Stamps1962 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
From inspection, it looks like the overall packaging might be at fault. They mailed these in a box they'd use for a domestic order, little protection. I think they will either replace or refund me. I may need to wait a week or so before hearing. They're a good company.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1990 Posts
Posted 03/03/2021   11:07 am  Show Profile Check Stamps1962's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Stamps1962 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Reply from Yvert today, they will replace them.

I suggested they mail these in a heavy box.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1990 Posts
Posted 03/12/2021   2:05 pm  Show Profile Check Stamps1962's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Stamps1962 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nothing from Yvert in ten days. No tracking, nothing. Two follow ups sent, will upgrade next week.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1990 Posts
Posted 03/16/2021   11:49 am  Show Profile Check Stamps1962's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Stamps1962 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Geoffha - or, any others:

Still no further reply from Yvert. Whom did you deal with there? My messages get answered one out of three attempts, still no word on reshipment. It's a mess there now, I know. I'd be happy with a refund. Any way to escalate this toward someone not just answering routine questions?
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
5466 Posts
Posted 03/17/2021   02:32 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Stamps - aside from visiting its shop in Paris, I've never dealt with anyone in particular at Yvert - just pressed "buy", paid and waited for the items to arrive. Pre-Brexit and Covid, the proximity of Amiens to London meant that deliveries were quick and easy.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1990 Posts
Posted 03/17/2021   11:29 am  Show Profile Check Stamps1962's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Stamps1962 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
OK- I told them yesterday I need confirmation they are refunding my money or sending another set of pages. Nothing.

If nothing by the end of March, they get reported for an incomplete order with a refund. Someone there is getting my complaints; someone else is doing nothing. I'd bet later this year if it does happen, I can place an order and get it filled routinely.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1990 Posts
Posted 03/27/2021   12:23 pm  Show Profile Check Stamps1962's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Stamps1962 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Things in France are messed up now. Yvert may not be fully staffed with folks who can address this. Told them today they have a few days left before I ask for a refund on the hingeless pages.
This is not time to be importing products from overseas.
  Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 461Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.38 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05