Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

List Of Stamp Clubs Holding Online Meetings

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 274Next Topic  
Learn More...
9132 Posts
Posted 02/25/2021   5:09 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add 51studebaker to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Folks,
There is a tremendous diversity of clubs now doing online meetings and auctions. I am compiling a list of stamp clubs which are supporting online Zoom meetings and/or auctions. If anyone knows of a club which is holding online Zoom meetings, please consider filling out this form
https://stampsmarter.org/AuctionSQL...ation=insert

The intent will be to compile a listing of clubs supporting online meetings and auctions to share with hobby (listing will be posted on Stamp Smarter). By having this listing, others will be able to support your club by joining from around the world. The form is simple and quick, it is gathering the following information:
Club Name*
Club website address*
Club email contact
Club description
When are online Zoom meetings typically held?*
Can visitors attend your club's online Zoom meeting?*

*Required

It only takes a minute to fill out and should give your club website more traffic and generate interest from new folks.
Don
Send note to Staff

Valued Member
India
455 Posts
Posted 02/26/2021   06:06 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Joy Daschaudhuri to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Would it help to list? I am asking because none of the societies I am member of, allows non-members to participate in the society Zoom meetings which are typically attended by grumpy geriatric people.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Learn More...
9132 Posts
Posted 02/26/2021   08:44 am  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Many clubs around me not only allow visitors, but they have also dropped membership dues to 0 for 2020 and 2021. I agree that listing clubs like you describe is not worth it since no one wants to join clubs like that.
Don
Valued Member
United States
20 Posts
Posted 02/26/2021   1:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ckildegaard to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Don,

The club I'm a member of does have a website (and does offer Zoom meetings), but I suspect some clubs may not maintain websites, so you may want to not require that field. But anyway, if I have time later, I'll add the club I'm in.
Valued Member
United States
460 Posts
Posted 02/26/2021   8:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hoosierboy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Looking forward into the future of our hobby open access to digital meetings creating a library of philatelic knowledge is a key to its survival. Clubs that embrace this new reality will have a better chance of surviving attracting members from this and future generations to come.
Edited by hoosierboy - 02/26/2021 8:47 pm
Pillar Of The Community
3472 Posts
Posted 02/26/2021   8:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add John Becker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Where do we go to see the list of entries?
Learn More...
9132 Posts
Posted 02/26/2021   9:29 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I am still in-process with coding this page https://stampsmarter.org/features/Z...eetings.html
Don
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 274Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.28 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05