Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Storage Idea For Stamp Mounts

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 660Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...

United States
1466 Posts
Posted 02/25/2021   9:41 pm  Show Profile Check KRelyea's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add KRelyea to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I used to keep my accumulation of stamp mounts in a drawer and search through the drawer for the size I needed. If I thought I was low on a size I'd pull them all out, sort them into sizes and determine what I needed to order. A couple months ago I noticed this fishing tackle item sitting on a shelf. It was too deep for my fishing needs and I'd set it aside, so I tried it for my mounts. I've found it is a useful improvement. It holds a 48mm mount upright, and the whole box fits neatly into a desk drawer.

Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
5393 Posts
Posted 02/25/2021   10:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Great idea. I constructed my "homemade" partitioned box using bookboard scraps, but this one looks better...and I'm sure it's lighter.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United Kingdom
296 Posts
Posted 02/26/2021   06:52 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Noocassel to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It looks better arranged than the old shoe box I use.
Valued Member
United States
105 Posts
Posted 02/26/2021   07:42 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BwanaBob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I use a similar container, but put all the mounts (that fit) in business sized envelopes labeled with their size.
Mounts longer than an envelope stay in their original packaging underneath the envelopes. I have enough room to put my size guide and Showgard cutter inside as well.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1540 Posts
Posted 02/26/2021   10:27 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Climber Steve to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I just stack them up and use rubber bands to hold the packages together. I'm seeing better ideas in this thread. Thanx.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Canada
3838 Posts
Posted 02/26/2021   1:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Dianne Earl to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Great idea

Thanks for sharing.

Dianne
Don't grumble that the roses have thorns, be thankful that the thorns have roses
Pillar Of The Community
955 Posts
Posted 02/27/2021   6:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DrewM to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
You mean I can organize my mess neatly? That is a very good suggestion. I wonder why mount manufacturers, themselves, don't produce a nice lightweight mount storage box? I also wonder if there aren't other ways to do this, for example an "accordion file" with each size mount going into a separate compartment that you'd label on the tab at the top. Would that work? Or one of of those plastic rolling drawer units which often come with partitions you can install in each drawer.

This is a very good idea. Now you've got me thinking.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1466 Posts
Posted 02/27/2021   7:27 pm  Show Profile Check KRelyea's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KRelyea to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Funny you should mention accordion file. I tried to find a way to keep my Scott Classic Catalog easily at hand. I found that a hanging file works perfectly and takes up very little space and supports the catalog safely.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2978 Posts
Posted 02/28/2021   06:07 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add angore to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I use the Sterillite container. I have black and clear mounts. I have fewer clear sizes now as I use HAWID and just buy 2 sizes and trim to height needed.

Al
Edited by angore - 02/28/2021 06:10 am
Valued Member
192 Posts
Posted 03/09/2021   09:39 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add soccerfan to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I got a small plastic tote similar to your box from the recycling center from work; after cleaning and sanitizing it, it holds ten different mount sizes. Looking forward to the upcoming stamp shows to restock my collection.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
743 Posts
Posted 03/09/2021   1:13 pm  Show Profile Check docgfd's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add docgfd to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Terrific suggestion. Thank you! I ordered one and it arrived yesterday. What a difference it makes, especially as a time-saver.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
92 Posts
Posted 03/09/2021   10:10 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NumOnes to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I ordered as well. They work great. The strips work and can use the dividers to separate precut sizes. Thank you for sharing.
Valued Member
Canada
190 Posts
Posted 03/09/2021   10:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Casey Magoo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I will stick with my 1970's ladies shoe box. For the record, at my house we don't even keep forks, spoons and knives together. They are just dumped in at random.
my best friend has four legs
and a soft pillow
Valued Member
United States
10 Posts
Posted 03/24/2021   12:13 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gwanghoops to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks OP! Great item. Ordered several more.

Worked for strips and for packages of mounts:

Pillar Of The Community
955 Posts
Posted 04/07/2021   01:43 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DrewM to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
A whole new industry is born as we watch!
  Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 660Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.33 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05