Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Scott 1536A {booklets} - Did They Print Different Booklets..??

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 315Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
7544 Posts
Posted 02/26/2021   2:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add wert to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi
I don't usually spend a lot of time on post 1940 stamps.
But this one to me is confusing.

Unitrade said it is printed in booklets only...And is classified as BK171.
Below is the booklet BK171...10 stamps with writing at the bottom.

Now my block has NO writing at the bottom...see below
1 -Did they print 2 different booklets...??
2 -Or did they also print sheets...??
Help needed just in case I am missing something

Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
3530 Posts
Posted 02/26/2021   3:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add John Becker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Guessing ... thinking like a printer ... multiple booklet panes laid out on the plate and only one pane position has the colored marks.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1127 Posts
Posted 02/26/2021   3:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add No1philatelist to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The margin is small. Wern't there two versions of this booklet. Philatelic with inscription, and the other a counter booklet without inscriptions. We may never know as it is not attached to cover. Two different #s on back of covers. And then again it may have been cut with paper shear by someone having a bit of fun.

Edit: I did not have catalogue in hand at time I wrote above. I Should have said " unsealed - philatelic, and sealed was general public P.O. booklets." I was thinking of later issues that used different #s. Robin points that out below. Thanks.

Mike
Edited by No1philatelist - 02/27/2021 1:46 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1321 Posts
Posted 02/26/2021   5:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BlackJag to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have both the sealed and unsealed versions.

The sealed version does not have the bottom inscriptions or traffic lights.
Edited by BlackJag - 02/26/2021 9:37 pm
Valued Member
90 Posts
Posted 02/26/2021   6:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add UnitradeEditor to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
As noted within the booklet section of the Unitrade catalogue for at least the last 15 years (between BK136 and BK137, page 595 in the 2021 edition):

Pillar Of The Community
7544 Posts
Posted 02/26/2021   6:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you gentlemen.

Robert
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 315Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.14 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05