Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Exclusion And Inclusion Criteria For The Scott Intenational (Big Blue) Album

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 18 / Views: 612Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
5936 Posts
Posted 03/01/2021   09:55 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Me thinks that if I had the means to complete something like that I would have my people contact other peoples people to arrange for the construction of a custom album utilizing the finest materials on the planet (environmentally compliant of course). Perhaps an interactive audible album with built-in LED task lighting. Open to a page and the album speaks through a wireless connection to your device or sound system and gives the history of the issue(s) displayed upon the page. All of this takes place in the solarium located on the 5th floor in the South wing of course (the main house, not the third guest "cottage"). Take a right at the movie theatre next to the wine cellar. If you reach the bowling alley you missed the elevator.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
44 Posts
Posted 03/01/2021   10:44 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gvol21 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Here's one you might want to pay attention to: "Amos Media (Scott) announced on April 1, 2018 that it would discontinue the Big Blue (Scott International) albums." No, this isn't introduced by "This isn't true". Or "This was probably an April Fool's joke". Did I miss something? Have the International albums now gone out of print?

DrewM, appreciate you taking the time to compose some lengthy responses. Regarding Phil's article, I must have skimmed over the part where he writes that the Internationals were discontinued by Scott.

I think he must have taken this April Fool's post at face value: http://globalstamps.blogspot.com/2018/04/

It's been awhile since I read the article - I'll go back and re-read in light of your responses. Thanks again!
Valued Member
36 Posts
Posted 03/01/2021   1:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tsmatx to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I also wonder if exclusion/inclusion in BB has impacted individual stamp value. An obvious example would be Syria 106a (or 106c) It seems interest in that stamp is much greater than it would be if it was not included in BB?

I would also think that for any 2 stamps equally common/scarce, the one which got included in BB would have higher demand and higher price--although looking at gvol21's data almost exactly the opposite happened at least for this one example, comparing Ethiopia 1-7 (included) started off same value as 8-15 (excluded), but now 8-15 are substantially more valuable.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 18 / Views: 612Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.14 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05