Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

15 Holes Paper Puncher

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 356Next Topic  
Valued Member
Spain
61 Posts
Posted 02/28/2021   06:31 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Igrodri to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello!
Im trying to perforate my self made pages, but I have 15 rings binder which I would like to use.
Does anybody knows about any tool which can do so, maybe a regulable puncher or something like that?

Thanks
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1117 Posts
Posted 02/28/2021   10:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add No1philatelist to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Lgrodri, why not go down to your local printing shop and ask them. I would think that they may have the equipment to punch as many holes as required in one shot. Seems like the easiest solution.

Mike
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
29 Posts
Posted 03/01/2021   01:00 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Jbodo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I created a solution for my 13 ring binders. It is expensive. For a high quality punch that accepts many custom "punch stops" with 5 included as standard on the device, that was over $300. Then, to add 8 more punch stops cost $170. Then I bought extra punches , because if you're going to spend this much on the puncher, you will want to punch a lot of holes that wear out the bits. Those were $20+ each. Then, the bees wax to lubricate the punch. Then extra plastic pads for the punch landing pads,, etc. All in about $600. Works like a dream if you are patient using it. If you want to spend that much I can provide the supply chain.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
951 Posts
Posted 03/01/2021   03:09 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jbcev80 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi

I agree with No1philatelist. For printing, or printing related needs, I am a strong supporter for the local "mom-and-pop" print shops. They have resources and knowledge for all sorts of printing related issues.

JerryB
Pillar Of The Community
955 Posts
Posted 03/01/2021   03:38 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DrewM to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, try a print shop first.

I use 22-ring binders which are popular in Britain and Europe. But first I had the advantage of finding a 22-hole punch. It turns out to be a standard size used industrially in the U.S. though it's not that easy to find. Without being able to find an affordable hole punch (about $40), I would not be using 22-ring binders, believe me.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
446 Posts
Posted 03/01/2021   7:22 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jleb1979 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I doubt it will answer to the needs of igrodri, but here is a chart of ring quantities and intervals, with manufacturers, etc. which may be of use to one or another of us, or perhaps just of interest.
And people think our interest in perforations is intense....

http://www.hjreggel.net/office/lochraster_en.html

Valued Member
Spain
61 Posts
Posted 03/02/2021   02:22 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Igrodri to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for your responses.
I have found a puncher which allows regulation on distance between holes.
Only four punches, but maybe will work.
Regards
Valued Member
Spain
61 Posts
Posted 03/02/2021   02:28 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Igrodri to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Jbodo, can you send me the supply chain to build the tool you mention? Thanks
I'm interested

Jleb1979: it is interesting to notice that none of the commercial perforations fit one to another

Local printing shop: I will ask, but I'm afraid that prices are very high on that kind of special works.
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 356Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.12 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05