Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Lighting On Ebay Listings

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 23 / Views: 755Next Topic
Page: of 2
Learn More...
9250 Posts
Posted 03/03/2021   1:20 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
...That's why I think there should be more moderation for such behavior on forums...

Torin,
The Moderators here (Kirk and myself) are not paid. I donate many, many hours each week to the community and frankly I have better things to do then do 'more moderation for such behaviors'. There are multiple options for everyone here;
1. No one is forced to reply to posts
2. No one is forced to read every post
3. No one is forced to use this community

Yes, posts can sometimes be snarky, sarcastic, passive-aggressive, or even unfriendly at times but on balance this is a good community.

Also note that my moderation has changed a bit over the last couple of years. I have less patience for silencing of opinions and feel that being able to speak freely is important. Dealing with opinions that we agree with is always easy but dealing with opinions we disagree on is harder. But especially right now, we need to figure out how to tolerate each other and talk to each other. We should all recognize the things at work that are driving division among us and the best way to fight this is to understand that we are all human.

Lastly, I have always been a person who gravitated towards wanting to control the world around me. Only due to the blessing of cancer and renal failure have I learned that I am not in control at all and that I only really control one thing; what goes on between my own two ears. I find this thought calming whenever something 'in the world' frustrates me. As such, I recommend simply moving on.
Don
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
756 Posts
Posted 03/03/2021   1:27 pm  Show Profile Check orstampman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add orstampman to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Well said, Don. I completely agree, and am EXTREMELY thankful that you continue to have the interest/drive to (among many other things) moderate this forum.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
28 Posts
Posted 03/03/2021   2:26 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add RXC to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
While I seldom post and only recently joined the forum, I have read it daily for a few years. Don has given a lot of service to both this forum and the hobby in general. I thank him for the time and effort he devotes to this site. It is appreciated and should be acknowledged more often.

Thank you, Don.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
682 Posts
Posted 03/03/2021   3:22 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mootermutt987 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
To the original post, I don't know that anyone can state with any great certitude that the sheet in the (2nd) photo is poorly lit, or toned, or both. To me it looks toned, and I would walk away. To me, it appears to have a yellowing cast at left, and I HAVE seen that yellowish cast on stamps of this era - call it toning, if you wish. Is that cast really there or not? Who knows?
Valued Member
United States
146 Posts
Posted 03/03/2021   3:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GMC89 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
That's a good answer, in my opinion, to the hypothetical originally posited, Mr. Mooter
Cheers
Valued Member
320 Posts
Posted 03/03/2021   5:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Torin to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Don,

You have a sometimes thankless volunteer job and I genuinely appreciate your comments that "keep it real." Thank You!
Valued Member
364 Posts
Posted 03/03/2021   6:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Andyrich74 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Amen, Don.
Valued Member
Learn More...
52 Posts
Posted 03/04/2021   01:24 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Pickastory to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Well said Don

Have been a big fan of your 'work' for years.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 23 / Views: 755Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.2 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05