Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Opinion Poll Re: My Album Page Design

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 466Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
Japan
2478 Posts
Posted 03/03/2021   6:05 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add PostmasterGS to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Poll Question:
I've been working on adding plate flaw images to my album pages, and I'm having a design dilemma.

Take a look at these two versions and let me know which you think looks better. Click the image to enlarge.

Top -- no border around the demo images
Bottom -- thin border around the demo images

Choices:
No Border
Border

(Anonymous Vote)
Send note to Staff
Presenting the GermanStamps.net Collection - Germany, Colonies, & Occupied Territories, 1872-1945

Pillar Of The Community
United States
7393 Posts
Posted 03/03/2021   6:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Without the border it suggests a partial. Looking great!

Peter
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
974 Posts
Posted 03/03/2021   9:43 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DrewM to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I'd say you're in pretty deep if you see much of a difference between those two options. I chose to compare the two without reading your description of the difference -- just to see if I could tell. And I couldn't. But if you must know, the line added to the images (once I found it!) makes it look more polished to me. But, really, either is just fine.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
5541 Posts
Posted 03/03/2021   9:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with DrewM for the reason he states.
Pillar Of The Community
Japan
2478 Posts
Posted 03/03/2021   10:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PostmasterGS to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'd say you're in pretty deep if you see much of a difference between those two options.

That's what a mild case of OCD will get you!
Presenting the GermanStamps.net Collection - Germany, Colonies, & Occupied Territories, 1872-1945
Valued Member
Romania
404 Posts
Posted 03/04/2021   02:04 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add cupram to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

PostmasterGS-excellent idea to visually represent these plate flaws (especially since in Michel they do not appear)
As a collector looking for these plate flaws, it would seem even more helpful if you mention the field where they are found.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1039 Posts
Posted 03/04/2021   3:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add chipg to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here's what I settled on for plate flaws (re-entries).
- Decided to go grey scale
- Enlarged sections where the flaw is (but not the original)
- Below the description, as the stamp is the focus and the rest is the explanation (words and pictures)

Your call on whatever you come up with that you like to look at.
C.

Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 466Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.18 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05