Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

An Iowa Man Faces Up To 65 Years In Prison For Forging Postage Stamps For His Ebay Business

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 482Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1663 Posts
Posted 03/04/2021   6:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add James Drummond to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
2724 Posts
Posted 03/04/2021   7:19 pm  Show Profile Check eyeonwall's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add eyeonwall to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Meters not stamps
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
6846 Posts
Posted 03/04/2021   7:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
If these folks would only apply as much energy into doing the right thing.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
786 Posts
Posted 03/04/2021   8:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mootermutt987 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
If these folks would only apply as much energy into doing the right thing.

Most of us (I hope) make a living honestly and above the law. I get why some people, with no skills or experience, go sour. But I don't get it when people with skills and a go-get-em attitude would rather risk years behind bars than to make an honest buck. And, in the end, they are probably working just as hard at their illicit job than they would at ACME Widget Company making stuff for Wile E Coyote.

I suspect people do it for the 'thrill'. GO RIDE A ROLLER COASTER!

It's really not all that hard to make an honest living.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
6846 Posts
Posted 03/04/2021   9:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
It's really not all that hard to make an honest living.
It is easier since you are not looking over your shoulder constantly and waiting for the proverbial shoe to drop.

Philip Ryle (cartel) reminds me of this. He is in jail for tax dodging. It was actually a pretty involved scheme with multiple companies and lots of money moving. Heck, Wall Street does much the same and ends up with awards!
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
6325 Posts
Posted 03/05/2021   11:48 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I saw this behavior in my teaching years. There are some people, regardless of intellectual ability, who would put much more effort into purposefully avoiding work, or by doing something incorrectly, than they would do by simply completing an assignment in the prescribed manner.
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 482Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.14 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05