Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Eynhallow Holy Island World Cup '74 Perforation Question

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 175Next Topic  
Valued Member
Canada
338 Posts
Posted 03/05/2021   3:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add lux1228 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Stumbled upon these guys while sifting through. Why are the perforations doubled on 3 sides ? Thought it was pretty neat looking :)
I apologize for the poor quality image.
Send note to Staff
Edited by lux1228 - 03/05/2021 3:10 pm

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
31649 Posts
Posted 03/05/2021   6:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice !
I am not aware of how they were perforated, however there exist similar "shift perforations" on Australian KGV Sidefaces.

I may have read something to the effect, it may occur when the comb perforator, hits the stop pin, in the advance mechanism.

That doesn't result in extra perforations on 3 sides though.

Eyenhallow is a fairly crude "local" so I would suggest a cheap perforator, and if a "harrow" perf, may have been punctured twice.

But, speculation only.

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
31649 Posts
Posted 03/05/2021   8:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, they were Harrow Perforated.
Some show rough perfs, suggesting blunt pins
Perhaps yours were punctured twice, second out of registration /position.

Valued Member
Canada
338 Posts
Posted 03/05/2021   9:10 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add lux1228 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the info rod! Interesting it's on top/bottom/ (of left) and center only...how would that even happen ?
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
31649 Posts
Posted 03/05/2021   9:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Beats me
Unless of course, they were printed in sheet form as well
(I doubt it)
Keep as EFO
Probably an hand operated perforator, no quality control in Eynhallow

With a hand operated Harrow, move the sheet 1 stamp, to the left, and re-puncture, you will 3 sides double, 1 not so.

Edited by rod222 - 03/05/2021 9:29 pm
  Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 175Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.11 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05